General Sedici 1.9JTD

Currently reading:
General Sedici 1.9JTD

FDF

Marea Scrappaged :(
I'm thinking about trading in the 20v Marea for something different. The Marea's been an excellent work horse for the past 7 years but I think it's coming to replacement time very soon.

I would like another Fiat because the Marea has been soooooo goooooood, looking for something different, came across a Sedici JTD. What do people think of the Sedici, what are its shortcomings? Is it a good buy? I'm looking at a 56 plate for about £7500.

a nice drive, proper 4x4, well built, good performance from the 1.9JTD. its a very good car as far as fiats go, but it is a modern suzuki so thats no surprise really, its even built by suzuki in hungary. fiat only really donated the 2 things they had to offer, the JTD engine and some money.

checking autotrader shows you lose approx half the value (£6k) in the first 2 years! but that means you can pick up a bargain if you buy a 2 year old model.

imo you'd be a bit mad not to buy the suzuki version unless you specifically want a fiat.

But the Suzuki is only 2WD as standard.
thats a good thing if you drive on the road, you save cash on petrol and enjoy better performance. if you really wanted to go offroad you wouldnt buy either, so 4wd isnt really an advantage for at least 90% of buyers.

Last edited:
If you're only driving on road you'd buy a normal car with normal tyres!
yeah i would, so would you, but some people seem to be somewhat different in that respect, for reasons i can not yet understand. :confused:

i doubt i'll ever see an sx4 or sedici offroad, like the vast majorty of 4x4's its just a modern replacement for a family car.

Went to a dealer this morning to have a look at a second hand Sedici, its a nice car but I get the feeling its a car for the girls. Like the Suzuki Vitara used to be a girls car or possibly a hairdressers car, I don't think I could live with the nagging thought that I had bought a girls car.:eek:

Anyway I noticed a 07 plate Bravo Multijet Active for £8000, I really like the Bravo, but I want the dynamic not the active.:bang:

every mini 4x4 is a girl's car, thats why the wife can easily drive and even park it.

get a bravo (y)

Last edited:
Back