Technical Seat Marbella/mk1 panda suspension (bike engined)

Currently reading:
Technical Seat Marbella/mk1 panda suspension (bike engined)

Leda are currently making my front suspension at the moment. I know they do make them but if i can get one off a y10 its going to save me some money.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1386962453.206436.jpg

The front coilovers are finally done. Im hoping to pick them up sat morning. Cant wait to get the car back on the road now

There custom built one of a kind. I'm not going to sleep tonight lol. So I've now got some standard front seat Marbella shocks for sale if anyone needs any

There custom built one of a kind. I'm not going to sleep tonight lol. So I've now got some standard front seat Marbella shocks for sale if anyone needs any

Don't blame you, I'd be the same. And I'm excited enough about the idea of getting mine made up as well haha! I am waiting till I get the car weight stable though because at the moment I have no idea what it will weigh at the end of this winter.

Don't forget to post up lots of tasty images when you get them :slayer:

Just went off a rough guide with mine as ive got to build a roll cage but there alot of weight gone as its got the bike engine in it. Proberly remove the glass as well.
Really need to get some wheels and tyres on it. Need to try and get it less top heavy. Got these to put on the rear in place of the dampers so hopefully get some strength added to fit these and do away with the leaf springsImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1386975222.036609.jpg

Are the tie rods and track tod ends the same on marbellas and pandas???

Brilliant. I need to extend the threds on the tie rods and cut about 1 1/2 inches off each one. Tracking is way out but i guess this is to be expected with one of a kind coilovers

Any tricks to getting these tie rods off??? Mine are solid. Cant really take the rack out either as the engine is mounted really close to it

Any tricks to getting these tie rods off??? Mine are solid. Cant really take the rack out either as the engine is mounted really close to it

A good pair of mole grips on the portion of the tie rod which I believe has flats on it if you can see past any rust...If there aren't any flats on it just grip onto the non threaded portion wherever you can...
...then an open ended spanner on the nut and a reasonable amount of bravery and care not to slip off and punch the inner wing!! Releasing fluid might be useful here or WD40. Spray and leave for a bit to give it the best chance to get into the threads.
You won't have to hold both the mole grips and the spanner as the mole grips will turn and eventually find something to stop against.

Hope that helps!

Si

Back