Technical Seat Marbella/mk1 panda suspension (bike engined)

Currently reading:
Technical Seat Marbella/mk1 panda suspension (bike engined)

yeah, I was just waiting for the penny to drop :p
I haven't finished reading your very long thread yet. What lowering springs did you end up using? Just don't think lowering springs will be enough for what I want. Also the spring assistor on the rear you used. Do you have a web link to where I can get one. Cheers

Was just kidding, only saw the message after getting back from work today. :p

But you're probably right, lowering springs probably won't work for you as you have not enough weight in the front. It may still ride high and be insanely stiff. I used Spax 903cc panda ones.

I reckon Leda could make you up something as long as you give them a weight / and send them the original struts for them to use as a pattern...You could get them to re-design it so there is reduced droop (I think that's the term - which limits the amount the chassis can lift off the wheels) and maybe some adjustable bits (damping / camber / stiffness). That's what I am hoping to do at least.

Can't remember the company that makes the assister springs on the rear but I bought them off ebay. Think they are designed for a trailer haha!

Spoke to leda today and they will make me fully adjustable front suspension for about £300 which i dont think is that bad. Swopped the rear dampers today for some off a volvo s90. Stiff as a rock now and not bobbing down under acceleration. Those spring assistors arnt cheap are they.

No problem with brakes on a Marbella or any Panda'ry car. Mine are standard size and calipers (apart from grooved discs which are more for show really :eek:) and green stuff pads (which aren't much better than OEM stuff).

I can lock all wheels quite easily even in the dry and I've got 185 tyres and more weight. You just press the peddle a little harder (y)
If they aren't performing properly, they probably just need a good bleed and service.

If you like your brakes more sensitive though then you can spend some time fitting a fiat panda servo assist system I guess. And maybe some Panda selecta discs and calipers (inc. moutings) which are ever so slightly bigger.

Waste of time if you ask me though, unless you fit 7J wheels or something silly that take a bit more to lock up; but this will cause you oodles of drag on the straights and tonnes in fuel consumption. Also this would require more torque to overcome it. Maybe quicker off the line and up to 15mph though :p

Spoke to leda today and they will make me fully adjustable front suspension for about £300 which i dont think is that bad. Swopped the rear dampers today for some off a volvo s90. Stiff as a rock now and not bobbing down under acceleration. Those spring assistors arnt cheap are they.

Nice one, £300 sounds great. I got the spring assistor pretty cheap though I think. New off ebay but not a lot of a market for them in this country since people over here stopped using horses and carts! I think it was around £30-40.

Brakes are bottom of the list anyway. There just a thought. I cant find any if them spring kits in the uk. Ive emailed a few us companies but none have got back to me. Honda crx del sol hi flow radiator has been ordered. These bike engines run hot. Anyone got any ideas on getting more steering lock.

I contacted road master about those assistor springs this is what they had to say
Hello Dale, this is Ryan from Roadmaster. Unfortunately, we cannot fit the fiat. The picture you've attached is a 10-15 year old set up. Our current bracketry is way too big for your leafspring. We've increased the size of our spring and the current assembly will only fit on a leafspring that is at least 30 inches long, from center locating bolt to the rear of the spring.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please call me @ (800) 398-5036 if you have any questions

Ryan Pasquale
National Sales Manager
Roadmaster Active Suspension
(800) 398-5036

Hoing to have to find a different solution

I contacted road master about those assistor springs this is what they had to say
Hello Dale, this is Ryan from Roadmaster. Unfortunately, we cannot fit the fiat. The picture you've attached is a 10-15 year old set up. Our current bracketry is way too big for your leafspring. We've increased the size of our spring and the current assembly will only fit on a leafspring that is at least 30 inches long, from center locating bolt to the rear of the spring.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please call me @ (800) 398-5036 if you have any questions

Ryan Pasquale
National Sales Manager
Roadmaster Active Suspension
(800) 398-5036

Hoing to have to find a different solution

That's a shame. Maybe something like this but cheaper / home made:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spring-As...ervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2a31c71ecb

Or a quad bike damper / coil over perhaps:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/49cc-Long...rike_Parts_Accessories_SM&hash=item3a55e1c65f

It's all about the bodging!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Im thinking about just bolting another leaf spring to the one thats allready there. Like a transit connect one

Wow that was really nice of them........ :)

Would been nicer if they could help me tho lol. But it is good for them to get back in touch with me

I'm planning to four link my 4x4 and these guys...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisbech-Engineering-Ltd/233778806684220?ref=ts&fref=ts

...can make the brackets arms and other bits you'll need.

With my other Panda I've been looking at various power sources and rear wheel drive options. The new Panda 4x4's rear subframe is only half an inch wider and it would again be a case of making a set of brackets and bolting it up to the original Panda floor. Then choose a meatier diff' BMW/Omega/Sierra/Audi etc and you're away.

Also something like an MX5 rear subframe could be bolted up to a couple of mounting brackets to your Marbella floor. Depending on the application you have in mind various diff' ratios are available for the quarter mile, track or daily use.

Not just as easy as bolting a subframe is tho is it. Suspension alignment etc. rather wirk with what ive got to keep the costs down. The volvo dampers are working a treat. Going to double up the leaf spring. Just fitting the new alloy radiator this evening. Very tight squeeze but it will fit. Need to re weld a couple of brackets tho ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1381862751.817413.jpg

Totally Rad man! :D

Good idea having the whole front panel cut out like that. Although marbella bumpers and grille are not great for air flow. I've cut various bits out of mine but the front panel I left the centre post in to give the bonnet catch on the slam panel some strength.

The bonnet shuts ok with all that removed then?

Yeah shuts fine, the rad is a few mm to high tho and hits the bonnet. Only about 5mm. I dont know if i should lower the rad brackets at the bottom but that will make filling the oil up next to imposinle, bike engines have the oil filler at bottom. Or put some bonnet spacers on the hinges to raise the back of the bonnet. Will also help cooling because of the air flow but might lool stupid. Ill have to see.

Suspension has been dropped of at leda this morning and should take about 4 weeks. Any idea where i can get a y10 anti roll bar from anybody?

Back