General Scudo fuel fault

Currently reading:
General Scudo fuel fault

Kevarch

Hi help pls. I bought a scudo on Monday but the shame of what some people sell 😡 test drive drove great then Monday night it cut out between 2 roundabouts called for breakdown help while waiting kept trying to start after about 50-60 mins it started so headed home to see how far I could get managed to get home the breakdown guy said he would follow as he wasn’t far behind I left it running and lifted bonnet after looking at it after 10 mins it stopped same as before and wouldn’t start he said straight away it’s not getting fuel but never had his machine to plug in for a code. I’ve looked on similar threads for sim probs I thought it maybe high pressure sensor of high pressure pump I’ve since noticed when trying to start it that when ignition is on fuel gage don’t allways go up then when it does after turning over for few seconds it will suddenly drop to zero then have to keep turning ignition on and off to get it to go up then same again after turning over for few seconds drops to zero. I’m hoping it’s a easier fix than the pump ? Help appreciated

Hi help pls. I bought a scudo on Monday but the shame of what some people sell 😡 test drive drove great then Monday night it cut out between 2 roundabouts called for breakdown help while waiting kept trying to start after about 50-60 mins it started so headed home to see how far I could get managed to get home the breakdown guy said he would follow as he wasn’t far behind I left it running and lifted bonnet after looking at it after 10 mins it stopped same as before and wouldn’t start he said straight away it’s not getting fuel but never had his machine to plug in for a code. I’ve looked on similar threads for sim probs I thought it maybe high pressure sensor of high pressure pump I’ve since noticed when trying to start it that when ignition is on fuel gage don’t allways go up then when it does after turning over for few seconds it will suddenly drop to zero then have to keep turning ignition on and off to get it to go up then same again after turning over for few seconds drops to zero. I’m hoping it’s a easier fix than the pump ? Help appreciated
If fuel pump and fuel gauge, try checking earth point at fuel tank sender unit and also via separate earth that getting feed to fuel pump using multimeter.
Some time ago I had a 1.3 Grande Punto that had no low pressure fuel pump in tank fault at the same time as starter in/op, traced fault first to relay under bonnet not activating due to not getting signal from ECU, this turned out to be a rotted wire at ECU socket plug.
Once located correct relay I was then able to use a powered/fused test probe and able to start car to trace fault.

What model is your van & engine ?
Something similar (cutting out, starting again after a while, sometimes after several attemps, until finally not starting anymore) happened with a 2008 model 1.6 that I had. Diagnostics said faulty crankshaft sensor. Changed sensor, didn't solve problem. Turned out it was a faulty chip in the ignition key.
Sometime later the van stopped again, pretty much same symptoms, I thought "let's try that spare crankshaft sensor", and behold, problem solved.
Sometime later the van stopped again, turned out to be faulty fuel pressure sensor. To diagnose, unplug sensor. If that sensor is indeed the problem, the van will start without sensor but not with a bad sensor. If you can't reach the plug, you can cut the wires going to it. (Or let a professional have a go at it.)
Sometime later the van stopped again ... and I changed it for a Scudo with the less troublesome 2.0 engine.

What model is your van & engine ?
Something similar (cutting out, starting again after a while, sometimes after several attemps, until finally not starting anymore) happened with a 2008 model 1.6 that I had. Diagnostics said faulty crankshaft sensor. Changed sensor, didn't solve problem. Turned out it was a faulty chip in the ignition key.
Sometime later the van stopped again, pretty much same symptoms, I thought "let's try that spare crankshaft sensor", and behold, problem solved.
Sometime later the van stopped again, turned out to be faulty fuel pressure sensor. To diagnose, unplug sensor. If that sensor is indeed the problem, the van will start without sensor but not with a bad sensor. If you can't reach the plug, you can cut the wires going to it. (Or let a professional have a go at it.)
Sometime later the van stopped again ... and I changed it for a Scudo with the less troublesome 2.0 engine.
Hi thank you for that I’ll try and find where the fuel pressure sensor is and try that. It’s a 2.0 model

Hi thank you for that I’ll try and find where the fuel pressure sensor is and try that. It’s a 2.0 model
If only just bought the vehicle, previous owner must have known about it, what are your chances of slinging it back to him?
Unless of course he sold it to you cheap, after telling you there were some issues.
When you turn the ignition on, prior to trying to start the vehicle can you hear the electric pump in the fuel tank, that would be my first check, no fuel, no go!
Some years ago I had a 03 Doblo non turbo that I bought as a non runner for £300 after several "garages" had looked at it.
It was sucking air into the high pressure pump via a leaking connector on the fuel line.
I proved the point by getting it to run from a gallon can (five litres to you youngsters or 4.54litres to the pedantics ;)) rested on the wing plugged straight in to the high pressure pump.
Note it will only run like this for a short while due to diesel return going back to original fuel tank.
Fiat wanted £200 for the flow and return pipe to the tank.

The previous owner definitely knew about it but I paid cash and everything is sold as seen l. I no they conned me but what can you do once you’ve drove away. Can’t hear any noises when turn ignition on the fuel gage just drops to zero after turning over for coupe of seconds then takes a few try’s to go back up

I found a receipt with the paperwork a week before I bought it for a egr valve they changed the egr valve so they knew there was a fault just clueless as to what it was

I found a receipt with the paperwork a week before I bought it for a egr valve they changed the egr valve so they knew there was a fault just clueless as to what it was
Annoying about purchase.
Re fault , start with the basics if able and then follow my previous suggestions.
I assume no error codes/lights showing?
If possible have it code read as some faults do not bring warning light on, preferably with a good code reader or MES (Fiat Multiecuscan) if someone local to you on Forum can help.

Back