General Scratched Windscreen

Currently reading:
General Scratched Windscreen

Glass is extremely tough stuff - and polishing it is a nightmare.
strange then that a piece of rubber can go through it like its butter?
mine has started now to do the same:bang:

Try

http://www.thescratchdoctor.co.uk/a...2e4bf4u3esmt&gclid=CP_R2OKM3JsCFZ0U4wodLEBQAQ

A friend tried to use a credit card to remove a dried on seagull 'gift' when his car had been left at Edinburgh Airport for two weeks??? The gift waas full of sand and he badly scratched the screen. This product did the job.

RAF mate told me they used Brasso years ago to polish up windscreens.. might be worth a go.

Steve

strange then that a piece of rubber can go through it like its butter?
mine has started now to do the same:bang:

I think my scratches were caused by the the plastic wind deflector and i changed my wipers for ones without - bosh i think from memory. I've also seen the wind deflector named as the culprit on other threads.
xs

For the determined try Jewelers Rouge... still very hard work....:(

Let me just say, before anyone wastes their time, you'll never get scratches out of glass by hand. You need a seriously powerful rotary machine, proper polish and a whole lot of time. Glass is extremely tough stuff - and polishing it is a nightmare.

I think you have two choices - live with it, or get a new screen.

The one I linked to comes with a kit to use in your drill and polishes to soak the head in.

near to diamond hardness so 99% agree with you. However on our 'B' the total area of apparantly scratched glass was quite large. In realilty the real scratches were much more constrained and the surrounding areas were colateral damage. Hard work with the ceramic hob glass cleaner/polish did improve the surrounding colateral damage and took a few edges off some of the scratches.

100% removed....no way. General improvement was quite acceptable and worth the effort.

Take the edge off anything, fade it away etc. and you can make a difference but certainly no cure.

Back