General Scratch repairs!?

Currently reading:
General Scratch repairs!?

Anyone used a chips away type firm and have any hints and tips?

Some wee fud has scratched the side of my Stilo, about a 3ft long scar along the rear side panel! :( No damage other than paint finish! Most of scratch is light into laquer and about 30% is through the colour coat and is showing undercoat!

If a chips firm is good and costs £200 or less then i'm as well going with them rather than waiting weeks for my insurance firm to fleese me then screw up my premium.

A freind of mine owns a chips away franchise and he is excelent and far cheaper than a body shop, I have used him on both my Stilo and the Mrs Punto with good results.

StiloBoy said:
So any guestimates on a near 3 foot scratch? Just before i phone around.
well chips away told me they have a standard charge for scratches which was about £50, but for a 3 foot scratch then it may be a bit more. All they do is fill any scratch depth with a gell that dries rather quickly and then match the paint up as close as possible and blend it in. It takes about an hour for scratches on a car but my wheel went away for a few days rest :)

my mate also specialies in stuff like this and hes got rid of my scratches 2 lol. My car got keyed really deep and now its anew and perfect :D

Back