General Scoping Out Interest

Currently reading:
General Scoping Out Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Think the time has come to move on from the Bravo, she's been good, excellent in fact, but its simply too big for my needs (and my drive with 3 on the front) so alas it has to go.

just looking to see what kind of money i could get from selling it privately, as trade in prices are ridiculous!

She's a 1.9 150 M-Jet Sport in Crossover Black, 43,000 miles, FFSH (last serviced at 38K), has Dual Zone Climate and the desirable 18" Fiat alloys.

Car is in good condition, other than a few small marks here and there on the paintwork. Not a mark on the interior, absolutely spotless and fitted with the proper Bravo mats. Everything works on the car, and it drives brilliantly.

What do you guys think i should be asking for it? I know i could just look at others that are for sale etc, but as iv'e said i'm also looking to see if anyone here would be interested in the car, and as there aren't ever many on sale, especially in my specific spec, it's hard to know where to start.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
I reckon it's worth £6500-£6800. If it were me i'd put it up for sale at the higher figure & allow a few hundred for negotiation, but unless all the Sports are overpriced on AutoTrader, it's easily worth over £6000.

The Sport is alot rarer than the Active & Dynamic, probably coz it didn't get piled onto rental fleets like the lower trim levels, and the Multijet 150 is a better engine than the newer 2.0 Multijet (in my opinion) because it's only real issue is making sure the waterpump/cambelt has been done by 5 years, whereas the 2.0 has the DPF to worry about.

it was a joke i think due to not having the year on it!

Yess i know it was a joke ;)
You should go for a Diesel Bravo, honestly a real good car, and i'll be sad to see mine go.

Yes, i was thinking of putting it up for sale at around £7000, and then taking offers from there. Glad i'm on the right track, and cheers for your input :)

the Multijet 150 is a better engine than the newer 2.0 Multijet (in my opinion) because it's only real issue is making sure the waterpump/cambelt has been done by 5 years, whereas the 2.0 has the DPF to worry about.

:bang:

Yess i know it was a joke ;)
You should go for a Diesel Bravo, honestly a real good car, and i'll be sad to see mine go.

Yes, i was thinking of putting it up for sale at around £7000, and then taking offers from there. Glad i'm on the right track, and cheers for your input :)

(y)

Sorry! I know yours is a 2.0 & i wouldn't normally be overly bothered about DPF's since they don't seem to cause widespread problems on most of Fiats/Alfas other diesels, but that 2.0 in the Bravo just seems to have too many unhappy owners for me to part with my money for one. Wouldn't be so bad if there was a universal fix for the problem, but different dealers seem to just take wild stabs in the dark & that ain't good enough (n)

Sorry to hijack this thread for my own ends, but I too am considering selling my Bravo to fund an Alfa GT (awaits cries of 'don't do it') - any thoughts on what it may be worth please:

Mint condition Maserati Blue 1.9 150 MJ Sport With 17" Sport Wheels/Air Con
Four new Tyres March 2012
Taxed until May 2013
MOT'ed March 2012
Fiat Premier Warranty until May 2013
60,000 miles on the clock
Mint condition save for a few stone chips, and the CD player is a little dicky at times

best place to get values are parkers and ebay, price to compete with what else is on the market

and just advertise it rather than talking about it ;)
no excuse not to as ads are free on FF

if you are serious sell it, otherwise keep it

Well said Rob, beginning of May, it will be on the market. Gonna be swapping it for something small, quick and Japanese :)

Also: Andy, you forgot (as did i) to put what year your bravo is? :)

Yep, its a 2008.

I tend to think Parker's represents a cars value based on a paper spec, not what someone may actually pay for it. I.e I would not expect a valuation from their site to be as favourable as say, here, but thanks for the heads up. If I did change my car I'd be buying the new one prior to selling the Bravo, hence was just trying to gauge valuation beforehand.

Yep, its a 2008.

I tend to think Parker's represents a cars value based on a paper spec, not what someone may actually pay for it. I.e I would not expect a valuation from their site to be as favourable as say, here

Funny that..... :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back