General Say hello to the new Bravo

Currently reading:
General Say hello to the new Bravo

a few articles i read today looked at this car being a chinese market car initially. cant see it selling all that well to be honest, saloon varients of hatchbacks havent in recent years, so much so hatch is the new mid-saloon.

as for high market saloons, like beemers etc, fiat wont release anything like this because they make alfas. only BL would do this (triumph/rover)

It does seem that after the success of the smaller 500 & Panda that this is an odd move.

noticed in a few countries, like turkey, they have the Renault Megane in saloon format as the norm. either saloon or the scenic shape.
its not something that sells well over here. do ford still carry the uk focus in saloon over here? go to america, 90% of focus i saw were saloon variants

It does say that a 5 door hatchback version of the pictured car is likely to be used as the Bravo replacement, as apposed to the saloon version. I'm pretty sure the saloon will be produced for foreign markets where saloons are preferred, e.g. the US, China and eastern europe.

Edit - The Focus saloon was sold up until the new Focus that has recently come out, however they could only be specified in Ghia or Titanium trim (i.e. Top Spec). Apparently, their only doing the new Focus as a 5 door hatch for the UK.

Last edited:
in april issue of Autocar magazine Turkey edition, there is a pre-drawing of a Bravo replacement: a fiat 500 faced qashqai-like SUV ...

Can't imagine Fiat being in a blinding rush to bring that to the UK, if they do at all. I don't think the side profile looks bad at all, though the front is dull & the rear not at all European looking. The name ain't bad though.

Sitting halfway between Focus salloon & Mondeo territory could be another stumbling block in the UK *thinks Marea sales figures*. The UK doesn't 'do' big Fiats - the Stilo & Croma's lifespans were both cut short because of bad reception, Fiat didn't bother with the Grande Punto-based Linea & i'm suprised they've kept the Bravo in the UK as long as they have as that doesn't sell in any great numbers here either.

I was under the impression that there would be no Bravo replacement per se & that the 500L would be Fiats family offering. Particularly given Sergio Marchionne's comments regarding having Lancia & Alfa for big cars.

Sitting halfway between Focus salloon & Mondeo territory could be another stumbling block in the UK *thinks Marea sales figures*. The UK doesn't 'do' big Fiats - the Stilo & Croma's lifespans were both cut short because of bad reception, Fiat didn't bother with the Grande Punto-based Linea & i'm suprised they've kept the Bravo in the UK as long as they have as that doesn't sell in any great numbers here either.

I'd love a Linea :(

Fiat said:
The new Fiat Viaggio, in Chinese Fei Xiang, makes its debut today at the International Beijing Auto Show. The vehicle is 4,67 meters long and 1,85 meters large, it has been designed by the Style Centre in Turin for the Chinese market and it will offer 1.4L T-Jet 120 HP and 150 HP Turbo engines. Here are the pictures!

Been looking at the pictures on the Facebook page. not so sure on it, tbh the front looks awful.

Back