sat nav

Currently reading:
sat nav

I'm thinking of getting sat nav for my stilo and my budget is £250, I don't need it for european roads just UK.

Any suggestions? argos are selling the tomtom one for £250 it seems like a decent piece of kit, but as I'm new to this kind of thing any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ever thought of getting sat nav through a mobile phone? I am in the process of buying(Ebay) a nokia smartphone, bluetooth gps receiver and software all in all around £150

I've got a TT ONE it's a brill piece of kit,so easy to use and it's not got me lost yet.It's a more handy shape to carry around than the 300,500 or 700 as well.The only drawback is that it doesn't come with a home-charger only one for the socket in the car.I'd recommend it to anyone :)

donaldmaclennan said:
Ever thought of getting sat nav through a mobile phone? I am in the process of buying(Ebay) a nokia smartphone, bluetooth gps receiver and software all in all around £150

Done that two weeks ago, was desperate to get rid of my SE and get back to Nokia but wanted to stop getting lost so grabbed a great bundle of the 'bay, 6600, GPS Receiver, in-car holder and hands free kit plus TT5 on a 256MB and a bluetooth dongle. All in at £125, watch the auctions and get a bundle cheaper than £150 can be done just don't be too hasty, I waited around a month before getting the right one.

Liam

im getting the tomtom one tomorrow, for £212

it dont come with a speed camera detector, but a Data base which is pretty much accurate

you do have to pay for the latest one (much to everyones annoyment) but im sure you can find it on P2P somwhere :chin:

I can't wait when on ebay (I fish so normally have plenty of patience!)

I too just got a 6600 brick! but I can't seem to play back my mp3 of crazy frog as a ringtone:eek: .

Also I know every road in Sutherland and a good part of Ross-shire I will only use it as sat nav once in a while like on holidays and business trips, and just fancied a change in phone.

Forgot to quote the text by liam first!

Last edited:
Thats a shame. I have just sold my navman pin570 on ebay for £165 as i now have tomtom built into my alpine system. was a good sat nav tho. I do recomend it. It also comes with free downloadable cameras and is also a pocket pc.

Back