General sat nav - how do you change the voice?

Currently reading:
General sat nav - how do you change the voice?

FRANTIC FRAN

We own a Ulysse Prestigo 2003 model. The vocal instructions on the sat nav (the street names) is a really poor. I was wondering if there is an update to change this (we have no setup CD for the system).

Also I've noticed that on later models that there is an option in the menu to turn the front screen to an external video source, we have the phono plugs in the glove compartment but no option on the screen.

Anyone in the know? Cheers, Fran

The improved voice commands were part of the later software, if you haven't had yours updated then it would be worth doing. You can download a copy from www.eurovan2.com, you have to register free first. Once downloaded you need to burn a CD and then follow the instructions on the website.

The external video source should be part of the newer software, but you can't use it when you drive over a few mph unless the block is de-activated.

Hope this helps.

Cheers poggy, tried the update but couldn't see much difference (except it tells us where the Peugeot dealer is :rolleyes: instead of the Fiat). I tried the male voice which does do a better speech synthesis though. The external video source icon is still not appearing any other ideas?

Cheers, Fran

Stuart DemonD said:
You sure it is not appearing? It is within Menu options - I have the same setup, and it does work.

Yes, there are only seven icons instead of the eight - Maybe I used the wrong update but I only saw one with Ulysee listed (RT3 v5.5d b595 cdrom ).

In the user manual it states it is 'disabled'!

Thanks, Fran

Stuart DemonD said:
Ah, maybe I had mine set up via Examiner - yes, that seems to ring a bell, the tech also removed the speed variable on it as well.

Err whats that? Different update or Fiat tech :confused: Thanks, Fran

To clarify, the FIAT tech at the dealership hooked up the Ulysse to the Examiner unit, and played around with a few screens. Maybe then he turned on the glovebox A/V switches.....

He also disabled the speed limiter, so that the screen doesn't go off once you hit a certain speed. Not that I use the front screen for anything - I have a separate 2 screen DVD system in the back instead.

Stu,
do you have any idea of the costs of the fiat dealer having a check on some setting via the examiner?
:D

Flinty said:
Stu,
do you have any idea of the costs of the fiat dealer having a check on some setting via the examiner?
Depends - they may charge half an hour or so, maybe T14086 will have more idea so drop him a PM.

I don't tend to get charged for mine, which helps.

Flinty said:
Stu,

I had a problem with the Anti-pollution message coming on and after being told that it would be covered under warranty I was then told that they would charge me £89.00 (I can't remember whether this was with or without vat) for 1 hours diagnostics as this is not covered under third year warranty. They did say that they would probably extend this to 3 hours work depending on the problem. This was a London dealer though so it is probably more expensive. I declined and will be taking it up to my dealer in Corby who sold me the car as they said they would more then likely exscercise some good will.

My dealership charges £65+VAT as its hourly rate - although at servicing times, I also get 20% off this, which brings it down to a fair rate, at around £60 gross.

I am hoping my normal private garage can do some interorgation of the system as he has all of the electronic plug in stuff.
Have to say he did a fantastic job at the major service, he's a guy you can really trust and have been using him for years.
He's in Cheshire and charges £35 per hour.

Bugger me though aren't the front windscreen wipers expensive, but he did show me the invoice from the distributor to prove it.

I think it was close to £50. That isn't just for the rubber blade as the replacement wiper blade includes the washer fluid nozzels as well.

I have been quoted £46.00 for the complete blade by Fiat. My local parts dealer has a set which it states is for the Ulysse, 807 and C8 and these come to £35.00. The make is Champion.

Back