Styling Rx8 Seats

Currently reading:
Styling Rx8 Seats

DraigGoch

Il seicento è fantastico
Hey all,
I’m looking at putting some nice leather seats in my sei & some decent RX8 seats have come up.

Reckon they’d be too big for anyone to get in the back?

dac69er

I wouldn't waste your time. They aren't even leather and they are uncomfortable. They also weight about as much as a seicento.
I have an rx8 so can speak from experience.

OP
OP
DraigGoch

DraigGoch

Il seicento è fantastico
I wouldn't waste your time. They aren't even leather and they are uncomfortable. They also weight about as much as a seicento.
I have an rx8 so can speak from experience.

Huh, the ones I’m looking at are advertised as leather. Thanks for the heads up! Anything you’d recommend?

Not leather but i have got suzuki ignis sport recaros in my sei. They are very comfortable.
$_86.JPG

OP
OP
DraigGoch

DraigGoch

Il seicento è fantastico
Don’t overpay.

Stnd interior don’t sell well - £100 for fronts and rears is normal price.

The only leather coupe seats I can find are way overpriced. Some Toyota Celica seats would be nice but I imagine they'd also bee too big/heavy :/

OP
OP
DraigGoch

DraigGoch

Il seicento è fantastico
Not leather but i have got suzuki ignis sport recaros in my sei. They are very comfortable.
$_86.JPG

Now those are lovely! The plan for me is to swap out the rear seats for some pre 2000 leather rears I know are in a sei in my local scrapyard so that I can get leathers in the front & it'd sorta match, found some okay Ford StreetKA seats but realised they wouldn't move forward to allow passengers in the back.

shanere51

I have fitted rx8 seats in my seicento and they do fit fine.

I cut off the original brackets just leaving the slider rail. I then used box section steel to raise the seats and be able to drill holes for bolting the original seat to it and another hole for the box section to bolt to the floor mountings in the seicento. They sit very low in the car is my only complaint.

Swapping them out soon for bucket seats for track use.

h2ypr

500 + 600
The only leather coupe seats I can find are way overpriced. Some Toyota Celica seats would be nice but I imagine they'd also bee too big/heavy :/

I can get you a set of fronts probably. Where in the country are you?

OP
OP
DraigGoch

DraigGoch

Il seicento è fantastico
I can get you a set of fronts probably. Where in the country are you?

Thanks! Wrexham, North wales. I've just had another message & the lowest this guy'll go is £130 for the two. If you have any for cheaper I'd be happy to arrange pickup e.t.c!

How easy do they go in? Don't mind a bit of welding to make them fit if needed.