Technical RVC Issue

Currently reading:
Technical RVC Issue

Finlay H

Hi everyone,

(I'm new to this forum so I'm not 100% sure if I'm in the right place or not! 😂)

I very recently got a 2017 Fiat Tipo Lounge as my first car and I absolutely love it! But I have had a couple of issues with the Uconnect 5 Nav Live that came in the car. The garage I bought it from had supposedly swapped out the original factory unit with a lower spec 5 Live without the navigation because the camera on the original unit didn't work. Just to note, on the 5 Live, the rear camera still worked perfectly. Having then chased up the garage about this, we then received the original unit after it was "fixed" and had it installed in the car.

Upon installing it, we realised the camera still wasn't working and nothing like the audio beeps or the navigation voice was working either, but we had spoken to a Fiat technician and had the car updated. (it was a few software updates behind!). After that, the beeps and voice work now and everything it works as intended except the Rear Camera still, in the Engineering Menu, it says the Hardware and Coding is present and there are no error codes (DTC) but it just won't engage. Everything like the sensors work, it is just the display for the camera.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Model
Tipo 1.4 MPI Lounge
Year
Hello,

Isn't the mileage flashing?

I'd try to make proxy alignment, as probably CAN doesn't know the old unit was reinstalled.

It can be done with MultiEcuScan.

It was flashing with the other unit (5 Live) as they weren't aligned from the dealer, however since we've installed the original factory one (5 Nav Live), the milage has stopped flashing as I imagine it is the car's unit from the factory.

OK, so they didn't make the proxy alignment at the garage after they've put the one without the nav.

I'd still try to connect to MES and check for errors.

I've just launched my copy of MES on simulation, in the body module there's nothing about the reverse camera. There is only one single adjustment available (brightness) in the dashboard module. Strange it can't be diagnosed nor confirmed if it really is connected :(

I'd however start by rechecking the connection of the reverse camera to the radio unit. There should also be some connector on the loom (probably in the trunk, behind the trim). Perhaps they've disconnected the camera as they knew it wouldn't work with the unit they've put.

Last edited:
OK, so they didn't make the proxy alignment at the garage after they've put the one without the nav.

I'd still try to connect to MES and check for errors.

I've just launched my copy of MES on simulation, in the body module there's nothing about the reverse camera. There is only one single adjustment available (brightness) in the dashboard module. Strange it can't be diagnosed nor confirmed if it really is connected :(

I'd however start by rechecking the connection of the reverse camera to the radio unit. There should also be some connector on the loom (probably in the trunk, behind the trim).
I know right? It is a very strange one.

I'll take a look at the MES, thanks!

In the engineering menu as I stated, it has detected both the hardware and coding for it, but it's just not activating, it worked perfectly fine on the other unit including the guidelines bending as I turned which indicates to me at least that it may be a deeper problem with the actual unit? What do you think?

In the engineering menu as I stated, it has detected both the hardware and coding for it, but it's just not activating, it worked perfectly fine on the other unit including the guidelines bending as I turned which indicates to me at least that it may be a deeper problem with the actual unit? What do you think?

Yes, I saw that in the first post.

I was a little lost in the changes and symptoms from the beginning, sorry. Now, after I've read the thread again I also find strange that the camera was working with the 5 Live unit, and is not working (again) with the 5 Nav Live. It'd be good to see what was installed at the factory. Perhaps the cameras for both units are somehow different?

Sadly the forum ePER doesn't cover the Tipo :( The online eLearn doesn't work again :(

I've made a quick search over the internet and found out that there are several different cameras in the Tipo.

The part number 52021886 (which was replaced by the 52059229) and the 520218870. Then I've also found the 5222112980.

It's the number printed directly on the small camera unit. Looking at the photos they all look the same and have been installed in several cars of the group.
Perhaps they are not interchangeable and only some of them work with the Nav unit?

Just an idea though...

Yes, I saw that in the first post.

I was a little lost in the changes and symptoms from the beginning, sorry. Now, after I've read the thread again I also find strange that the camera was working with the 5 Live unit, and is not working (again) with the 5 Nav Live. It'd be good to see what was installed at the factory. Perhaps the cameras for both units are somehow different?

Sadly the forum ePER doesn't cover the Tipo :( The online eLearn doesn't work again :(

I've made a quick search over the internet and found out that there are several different cameras in the Tipo.

The part number 52021886 (which was replaced by the 52059229) and the 520218870. Then I've also found the 5222112980.

It's the number printed directly on the small camera unit. Looking at the photos they all look the same and have been installed in several cars of the group.
Perhaps they are not interchangeable and only some of them work with the Nav unit?

Just an idea though...
You're alright!

And that's a shout, I hadn't even though of the camera being interchangeable or not, I'll delve deeper to see what mine is and whether that makes a difference or not, but I'd like to think it wouldn't? I'll do my own research and talk to this contact I have and if I come up with a solution I'll post it in this thread!

Thank you so much for your help!! 😁🙏

Check on the proxi config menu

I believe the camera should show up as a can device on the system
Is that under the Radio Proxi menu? From what I'm currently looking at under that menu, is "Rear View Camera: 0x1" Is this what you mean?

Back