DSC_0253.jpeg

Stilo RuSZ' Stilo 1.8 16v Dynamic

Introduction

Well here it is. After a few years with non Italian cars (boo, hiss) I'm now back in Fiat.

Got a Black 3dr Stilo Dynamic.

She's a 1.8l 16v petrol with he 5 speed box. On a 53 plate and only done 51k miles.

From what I can tell she's had a suspension change, I was told they are OEM springs, but does seem to sit lower than standard [emoji317]

Got a few plans for her:
BMC filter
Tinted windows
Not sure on anything else

But first she's got A few issues that I'll be wanting to sort out first. If you know how to fix anything please reply and let me know :)

-Doesn't like going into reverse (needs the selector greasing)
-needs front badge replacing (anyone selling one?)
-exhaust is blowing (joint onto rear section (needs moving forward)
-skyroof won't open (motor gear isn't catching, can hear it grinding)
-debadge boot (fiat, Stilo and 16v badges)

But other than that she's a good car and I'm happy to be back in a Fiat :D

DSC_0253.jpegDSC_0254.jpegDSC_0255.jpegDSC_0256.jpegDSC_0258.jpegDSC_0259.jpegDSC_0260.jpegDSC_0261.jpegDSC_0262.jpeg
So have the rear bushes another go today, this time on my own.

Everything going reasonably well, got the springs and shocks off in 20 minutes. Got the tank straps undone in another 40. (Awkward to find and a few stiff) and got the fuel pipes, electrics and handbrake cable released.

That’s where it all came falling down.

No matter what, I couldn’t actually get the tank to lower. It’s moving around, so not attached, but couldn’t get it on the floor as it’s catching on the beam, which I’m wanting to remove, but need to remove the tank to do it ??*♂️??*♂️??*♂️??*♂️

So I’ve had a paddy with it. I’ve bolted everything back on and she’s been parked up out of the way.

If i can be arsed ill find time next weekend. Maybe I’ll see what a garage quotes for just doing the rear bushes.

Ideally it’s a two man job, but not got the help I needed this week.

But not in a good mood with Nero now.

Back