running lumpy and cracking the code

Currently reading:
running lumpy and cracking the code

sarahsea

[:(!][:(!]I have a 1998 Bravo 1.4sx which is running lumpy and not doing many miles to a tenner (68 to be precise) does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?[?]
Also we disconnected the battery to carry out some maintenance and when we put it back on we needed the code for the radio casette, so we rang the fiat dealers with the chassis number and they gave us a code. We made several attempts to put it in, having to wait longer every time we entered the code but it just did not work. I was fortunate enough to get in touch with the previous owner who gave me the correct code:D However the radio casette only brings up the word safe which eventually goes off and does not give us the choice of entering a code. Please help!![:0] I am sick of singing to myself:p Thanx in advance

sarah

Sounds like u may have put the wrong code in too many times. The radio has probably 'locked' itself, in which case you won't be able to input a code. You'll need to take it to the dealer or possibly a car hi-fi shop to get it decoded. Unfortunately they'll be a small charge for that!

logo_phpBB.gif

www.kendz.co.uk

Regarding your MPG problem -
assuming you aren't always stuck in town traffic where MPG is rubbish anyway it's possible your lambda sensor has failed/clogged up.
If they fail, and give zero volts, the ECU thinks the mixture is lean and tries to give more fuel.
Bad for fuel economy, bad for the CAT too.;)

There maybe a host of other things causing your problem, but that's well up the list.

I have been given the correct code when it asks for I put it in.It sleeps whi h should indicate the radio will come onnut,it doesnt.Goes back to WAIT Its pathetic

Gooooooood
Grieeeeeeeffffffff

Oldest thread resurrection yet
17 years ago was last post on this thread

I have been given the correct code when it asks for I put it in.It sleeps whi h should indicate the radio will come onnut,it doesnt.Goes back to WAIT Its pathetic

There is a whole forum section dedicated to this.. ;)

WAIT means its had an incorrect code entered

The more wrong attempts.. the longer you wait :eek:

Could be HOURS...

Last edited:
Back