General Rubber

Currently reading:
General Rubber

Got some brand new rubber......

Decided to stick with what I know so went for Pirelli's
£185 for the set in 165/55/13.... Good or bad?

Also how much do places charge to recon alloys roughly?
Or does it depend on the damage?

Cheers

hey,

My bro got my auntie's AMG alloys priced up at his mates garage over the phone after she had scratched them :eek: . They said it would be £35-. i think this means that it must be a flat rate thing (as it was over the phone), although i thought it would definately have something to do with the severity of the damage.
i have scatched my front left alloy, and i have searched on the internet for repair kits..... well halford do one for £25- and it is supposed to do 5/6 repairs, but i think this is only for scratches and not the badly damaged kind of repairs.

hope i helped

joe

i would say that price is about right......i just got two new ones for the front...... :D cant think why!!!!! and that came to £94 all in.

Last edited:
why not upgrade to 185/50/14 on the sei then? still fits on the rim and saves the alloys too with its width.

the tyres are a lot cheaper. about the £50 mark.

Where did you get them Arc?

I got mine for £45 each but the 2nd time round they charged 10 quid delivery but this was ok cos I ordered 4 tyres for my GF too but after recieving them a little place fitted them for a fiver a corner so that would make 4 @ 210, not much of a saving really though.

Liam

Back