General Help seicento window rubber seal

Currently reading:
General Help seicento window rubber seal

babyseicento

Please can anyone help me i have a rubber seal on my passenger window that keeps popping out as the window is opened and closed i understand my seicento is nearly 20 years old but i would like to open the window in the summer
i have had a garage quote of £60 to put new rubber seal on window far too expensive can anyone help me please

The seal part is actually separate to the part that clips to the door, even though they are supplied as an assembly.
So the issue is the assembly coming apart.

On mine I eventually applied loads of silicone lube to the part that is loose and firmly pushed it back into its other half.
Needed quite a firm shove to get it in, but once in was fine.

I may have pulled the seal part out completely to clean it up first and to get it nice and slippery with the lube... part way through I wished I hadn't..! but it worked out well.

The seal part is actually separate to the part that clips to the door, even though they are supplied as an assembly.

On mine I eventually applied loads of silicone lube to the part that is loose and firmly pushed it back into its other half.

I may have pulled the seal part out completely to clean it up first and to get it nice and slippery with the lube... part way through I wished I hadn't..! but it worked out well.
thank you for help with the window seal
i now have a radiator that has fully leaked to the point of overheating and have been told the car needs new radiator as it has rusted possibly £120/30 for radiator plus labour and vat the last mot has got rust advisories on it on sills and pipes and suspension it is a 1999 seicento with 36.000 miles on the clock any advice as i am unable to do work on car myself the garage would be my only option

£20 for a new radiator, plus fitting.

Yes, you can spend more, but no more than £50.
is that £20 for new radiator i have been told £120 to £150 for radiator plus vat and labour
i am not sure what to do with all other rust as well do you have any idea the latest fiat that still has the same radiator and fittings if i go to a scrap yard for one ?
this forum is difficult to navigate where do i go to post a general query so that everyone can read and reply thank you

is that £20 for new radiator i have been told £120 to £150 for radiator plus vat and labour
i am not sure what to do with all other rust as well do you have any idea the latest fiat that still has the same radiator and fittings if i go to a scrap yard for one ?
this forum is difficult to navigate where do i go to post a general query so that everyone can read and reply thank you

Where are you based? I have a rad you can have.

thanks anyway i have given the seller on ebay my reg to make sure it is the right fit for my vehicle hope to hear back today and as you say £22 is better than £120 as the garage quoted me from their supplier the mechanic will charge £80 to fit it thanks again

Hi David long time since last post i have a 1999 seicento it has just failed MOT on brakes showing no response on near and offside front so the mechanic thinks it needs a rear master cylinder replacement but he cannot find one any ideas also the forum looks so different how do i put out a general post to all members for help i am lost on this site now it has all changed thanks

Back