Styling Rounded profile tyres

Currently reading:
Styling Rounded profile tyres

Ged20D

Evil Shenanigans!
Quick question what profile tyre do i need to make 14x6 and 14x7 have that rounded look about them???
Sorry for not looking myself i know it is on here somewhere but england are playing soon an am in a rush
Sorry if you get bothered
Cheers

just look at 175 on 5.5" cinq wheels then imagine them on 6", half inch will make **** all difference. the 175s on my 7" minilites arent that stretched and that 1 and a half inch more....

Yea kinda making sense now, but cant you get tyres to stretch futher or am i just taking the **** coz am sure i could just find a smaller profile.
Just looked at your pics again and Bushboys right the do look good mate.

Last edited:
What! just popped of how did that happen, stopped still or what? Also jay would the 165/60/14 on 14x6 work the same as 175/5014 on 14x7???? I have read up on the xxx/xx/xx tyre profile before but just couldnt take it in, an now with smaller profile on bigger wheels. Its well over my head.

yeah 165 would work the same ish, but 60 profile is gash (n)

stretched rubber and being driven round rounabouts dont go well, thats why it came off the rim :(

standard rim is 14x6 and they look gash with 165/60/14 as previously said (and rightly so).

for the record 165 is the width in mm, 60 is the % of that total width and the 14 is the total diameter - not hard to work out.

if the tyre came off your rim then something is very wrong as when your rim width is larger than your contact patch (tyre touching the tarmac) it is more stable than the other way round (within reason excluding extreme values of course).

:p

cos it was stretched and i was driving quite hard, it came off only a tiny bit and then it went down while i was at my mates, started to drive home and noticed.

Back