Technical Rough Idle on Palio 1.6 16v Weekender

Currently reading:
Technical Rough Idle on Palio 1.6 16v Weekender

I have a Palio 1.6 16v 2002 also broke cam belt, bent valves, had the whole head re engineered, new valves, seats, seals, shims. Car was great until it overheated (water bottle had a crack in it). Had the head skimmed again..valves, seals etc seemed to be fine. After reassembling it is now misfiring intermittently. Compression test shows no 3 piston is very low. Left it for a day and ran another compression test the following day and has increased but not enough. Question - do I take the head off and run a pressure test? Could one of the valves have got damaged from overheating?
This car has been nothing but problems over the last 4 years. Seriously want to send it bungee jumping without a rope:slayer:

I have a Palio 1.6 16v 2002 also broke cam belt, bent valves, had the whole head re engineered, new valves, seats, seals, shims. Car was great until it overheated (water bottle had a crack in it). Had the head skimmed again..valves, seals etc seemed to be fine. After reassembling it is now misfiring intermittently. Compression test shows no 3 piston is very low. Left it for a day and ran another compression test the following day and has increased but not enough. Question - do I take the head off and run a pressure test? Could one of the valves have got damaged from overheating?
This car has been nothing but problems over the last 4 years. Seriously want to send it bungee jumping without a rope:slayer:

Hi. Im in jhb and need help please. I have a strada and bought a palio engine and the thing wont idle and its heavy on fuel. Like 400km on a tank. Started up the other day and heard a click noise and the cambelt is loose. Duno if they maybe changed the cambelt but disnt set the timing right. Changed the ics already but it didnt fix the idling problem. Any ideas?

Edwin 0837844112

Im based near the johannesburg Area ( East Rand ) i can also do the setting of the timing on 1.6 16v palio engines.

Back