Styling roof gutter

Currently reading:
Styling roof gutter

im getting my roof vinyled, the signwriter has asked me to remove the roof guttering so he can vinyl it under and then i can seal it back down.

2-1.jpg

has anyone done this?
i dont fancy messing it up or causing a leak!

I don't see the need to remove it. Just ask him to vinyl as close as he can to the roof guttering. Or will that leave a gap of red? I can't remember what the roof looks like near the guttering. How much is he charging you btw? If you don't mind.

100 cash.
it will look alot better imo if i remove the gutter for him. might start to peel over time if not!

i thinking tiger seal or just a heavy duty sealent from a hardware store

:eek:

That sounds like a lot but if thats the going rate I suppose. I've a roll of vinyl but it isn't wide enough to cover the whole roof as I was thinking about it doing it myself. Couldn't justify spending that much on vinyl unfortunately.

Maybe ring your local dealer to ask them about the gutter. No doubt they will tell you if you remove the guttering the roof will cave in as they really won't want you to. Or bring it to a mechanic and see if they can shed any light on it.

May be being naive, but isn't that rubber thing just to conceal the fitments for a roof rack? It's not waterproof or anything, so you should just be able to remove it with no problems?

Nah roof rack doesn't touch the gutter! The vinlys dear it's self, oracal I think it's called, gairanteed for 10years. 100 is quite cheap, one manbamds have quoted less but they use a vinly about 0.02mm thick!

its better to remove the guttering before vinylin as it hides/keeps the edges all along the sides...had mind done before geting it painted.

to remove just use a small flat screw driver and gently prise either side up....then just pull it upwards and out....

each one is held down by a short bit of double side tape at either end.

Back