Fiorino (Mk1/Mk2) Rocking horse poo!!!

Currently reading:
Fiorino (Mk1/Mk2) Rocking horse poo!!!

Hi,
Thought I'd better update this thread as there have been many complications along the way!
When I tried to register the car, after MOT etc, I found out that the seller hadn't made a NOVA application to HMRC when the vehicle was brought into the UK. I didn't realise this at the time of purchase so I had to go through the process of completing the NOVA myself and luckily it all went well.

I managed to get a letter from Fiat confirming the build date in Brazil as being March 1984, so when I finally sent off all my information to the DVLA I was able to obtain an A plate for my pickup so I'm very happy about that.

It's on the road now finally!! I'll post some pictures up very soon.

One thing it's missing is its original Fiorino Pickup badge that goes on the tailgate. Any idea how hard it will be to source one?? Impossible is my guess!!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I just like detail like that and it would also look nice on the tail gate! :) I've had a good search on eBay and nothing right now. If anyone spots one at some point please let me know. Thanks

Are you sure the badge on the picture is for the Mk1 Pick-Up?
It looks like a newer version to me..
I don't think any badge came on the car when they left the Brazilian factory.
In Europe, the importer(s) had badges made like the one in the picture.
I took mine of when I bought my 1994 Mk2 Pick-Up...( it's still on the wall in my workshop.., while the car is sold already ...)

Yes I'm pretty sure its the correct badge and there are also 2 holes in the tailgate where a badge should be.
Here are a couple of pics taken today whilst visiting my friend at his garage.
Parked alongside a much older 1951 American pick up..

Attachments

• photo 1 (9).JPG
    photo 1 (9).JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 39
  • photo 2 (9).JPG
    photo 2 (9).JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 37
Hi folks
Anyone know a way around this one?
I've found an original tailgate badge for my pick-up on sale with a classic parts site in Brazil. However due to their bureaucracy they cannot sell it to me!
Has anyone else experienced problems like this sourcing Fiat parts from Brazil? Is there anyway around this??

Thanks

Here's the link to the site..

http://www.classicparts.com.br/fami...mblema-fiat-147-pick-up-fiorino-original.html#

Strange, never heard of this..
Maybe they think it's to much trouble for them to ship it to you...??
I've been told it due to bureaucracy and the taxes sellers have to pay to ship abroad, it's a real shame as I can't find another outside of Brazil. I shall keep looking though!

Thanks Peter. Yes I've recently joined the 147 club in Brazil which is great. I'll keep trying and if there are any Brazilian members on here please get in touch! ��

Back