Technical rocker gasket problems !!

Currently reading:
Technical rocker gasket problems !!

bravo project

hi
rite the problem i have is that i cleaned my spray bar and pick up pip the other day which entaled removing the rocker. i changed the gasket when replacing the rocker but did not use sealant, now i have oil leaking from the right hand side of the rocker seemingly to be coming from the little half moon shape part of the gasket.:bang:

was wondering whether i should have used the sealant ( which i was advised by my local motorfactor that i didnt need it:confused:) or if there maybe another untold problem.

any answers greatly appreciated

hi
rite the problem i have is that i cleaned my spray bar and pick up pip the other day which entaled removing the rocker. i changed the gasket when replacing the rocker but did not use sealant, now i have oil leaking from the right hand side of the rocker seemingly to be coming from the little half moon shape part of the gasket.:bang:

was wondering whether i should have used the sealant ( which i was advised by my local motorfactor that i didnt need it:confused:) or if there maybe another untold problem.

any answers greatly appreciated
Hi
Officially your not supposed to need sealant but the 1.4 and other engines are known for not sealing properly with just a gasket.

If you have taken the sump off you should already have a tube of loctite 510 or equivalent, put a bit where the bottom of the halfmoon starts on the head. You can just make out how the sultan has done it here on his 8v.

IMG_0656.jpg

thanks alot(y)
had an idea it needed sealant but no harm in a second opinion
cheers for the pic aswell
will give it a try and let u know how i get on

cheers again:worship:

Hi,mines gonna need doing soon,as im getting oil on my spark plugs (posted up last week i think) Can i ask,when i go to do it,(as ive not done 1 myself)..Do you put the sealent on the edge all around the head and then put the gasket on? Or is it best to put the sealent on the gasket both sides and then put it down?

Put the sealent on the egdge of the head. Don't go to mad with it because obviously it will spread out as you put the gasket down. Put some sealent on the edge of the rocker cover then put it back together with the gasket as you would do if you had not used the sealent.

Back