Technical Rocker Cover, Head Change and timing marks

Currently reading:
Technical Rocker Cover, Head Change and timing marks

imholmes

Hi.. I Have a Brava 1999 (V) 1.2.

Head Gasket went over xmas.. Have repaired it myself, but when putting the rocker cover back on, it doesn't fit flush to the head. Also is there any timing marks as I can't see any.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Iain

Hi there. I have been doing exactly the same job on a car with the same engine and age. Strictly speaking these engines dont have a rocker box cover, it is called a 'head extension'. I houses the valves so it wont sit straight on the head as it needs to be clamped down to push the valves that are rocking and opening etc for the head cycle, MAKE SURE THE ENGINE IS NOT AT TDC BEFORE YOU DO BOLT THIS DOWN. I bolted the two end bolts down first and then the rest in a circular motion. The are no timing marks for these engines. Timing them is a bit awkward, I am assuming you did not mark the position on top and bottom toothed gears when you took the belt off. If not then full engine timing must be done. It's not hard just needs to be correctly done. I can run you through this as I have done it loads of times on mine. See my ID for othr threads as I have had a few problems. If you need more help please let me know. Cheers MAXIMOKE.

Back