General Road Rat interior progress.

Currently reading:
General Road Rat interior progress.

Yes, it's a Mini heater. Don't need anything more fancy than that. I thought the original heater was far too big and it didn't really fit under the bonnet properly. Also, it was a nightmare to fit and with all the problems I've been having it would have been in and out like something I shouldn't really mention on a public forum ;).

I did use part of the old heater as a duct for the windscreen vents and that's what the black plastic tubing you can see in the top picture is for. It looks ugly now but it will be covered up by some sort of Heath-Robinson dashboard construction when I've given it more thought and come up with a way to do it. The interior is evolving rather than being built to a plan. Sometimes I'll just wake up and have thought of something, like the aluminium floor panel. That just came out of the blue.

As for the BMW side repeaters, it was AlanD that gave them to me, along with some headlights (I used the driving lamps from them as extra driving lamps on the Rat). What happened to Alan anyway? Anyone know?

Yes, it's a Mini heater. Don't need anything more fancy than that. I thought the original heater was far too big and it didn't really fit under the bonnet properly. Also, it was a nightmare to fit and with all the problems I've been having it would have been in and out like something I shouldn't really mention on a public forum ;).

I did use part of the old heater as a duct for the windscreen vents and that's what the black plastic tubing you can see in the top picture is for. It looks ugly now but it will be covered up by some sort of Heath-Robinson dashboard construction when I've given it more thought and come up with a way to do it. The interior is evolving rather than being built to a plan. Sometimes I'll just wake up and have thought of something, like the aluminium floor panel. That just came out of the blue.

As for the BMW side repeaters, it was AlanD that gave them to me, along with some headlights (I used the driving lamps from them as extra driving lamps on the Rat). What happened to Alan anyway? Anyone know?

I know my mini's!! :devil: I still dont have one much to my parents dismay! :rolleyes:

Si

I now have a pair of (almost) pristine Sportrak seats just like the ones VmanC has in his Panda. My brother picked them up for me yesterday and they are safely stored away ready for the next round of work on the Rat.

I'm planning on buying some spray on upholstery paint to recolour them so I'll resurrect this thread when I've tried it out.

Why oh why oh why?

The harnesses I bought on eBay arrived yesterday so I unpacked and inspected them last night. One of them has loads of fraying that makes it completely useless. Not mentioned in the listing of course. :mad:

So now I'm probably going to have loads of hassle with the seller. I've e-mailed them and am waiting for a reply...

Why oh why oh why?

The harnesses I bought on eBay arrived yesterday so I unpacked and inspected them last night. One of them has loads of fraying that makes it completely useless. Not mentioned in the listing of course. :mad:

So now I'm probably going to have loads of hassle with the seller. I've e-mailed them and am waiting for a reply...

Oh Rick I really feel for you :(

Did you pay via PayPal?

If so, if the seller doesn't sort it, open a dispute and normally will always go in the buyers favour (y)

Jon.

Yes, I always use Paypal. I have offered the seller a couple of fair options to sort this amicably and I'll give them a couple of days to reply. If I don't get a reply I'll open up a dispute.

eBay is just such a pain these days for both buyers and sellers. There are far too many idiots, morons, chancers and just plain scammers that it's a minefield. I generally steer well clear of illiterate listings with crap pictures taken on a mobile. But you can never tell even from a good listing what the seller is really like. They had good feedback too so I'm hopeful of an amicable resolution. Many times I've said to myself "that's the last time I ever use eBay" because I've been disappointed so many times but it's just so convenient and sometimes the only place you can find what you want.

I know what you mean.

Ordered a replacement heated door mirror glass for the Stilo this week. Arived yesterday with a chip, so thats going back. I said to dad do they really expect people to accept crap at times. I mean thats what boot sales are for in my view where people can see what they're getting in person.

Sorry to hear your having more troubles Rick, been in the wars recently. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet with ebay, but the times it pays off seem to outway the bad so I'm still sticking my neck out for a cheaper deal :eek:

....plus its the only place I can get mk1 stuff :(

Si

Back