Technical Ritmo Cabrio soft top

Currently reading:
Technical Ritmo Cabrio soft top

Agip

Where do i get a new roof/hood/soft top for my old Ritmo Cabrio?
The soft top has shrunk and is so stiff that it's hard to open and close the roof.
314784833_862599694756534_4199733495182687628_n.jpg

Congratulations on what a lovely clean looking and stunning condition Strada.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any suggestions other than:

a) web searching
b) finding a custom hood maker who will use your old hood as a pattern to create a new bespoke one.

I can probably look up the original Fiat part number(s) but I doubt they will be no longer available from Fiat and if they then price will be a big issue.

Congratulations on what a lovely clean looking and stunning condition Strada.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any suggestions other than:

a) web searching
b) finding a custom hood maker who will use your old hood as a pattern to create a new bespoke one.

I can probably look up the original Fiat part number(s) but I doubt they will be no longer available from Fiat and if they then price will be a big issue.
I have searched the web from time to time for many years but never found anyone who offers a soft top for the Ritmo.
I have met one owner in Sweden who got a hood maker make a new soft top for his Cabrio. Great result.
I drove down to Italy in 1999 during Fiat's 100 year aniversary. I visited a Fiat part store there but they did not have souch parts for the Cabrio any more.
So as you say getting parts from Fiat today may be impossible.
There must be many(?) Cabrio owners around in Europe that's struggling with their old soft top.
What have they done? Is a custom hood maker the only solution?

What have they done? Is a custom hood maker the only solution?
Our 130TC is all metal :)

For our Barchetta then there are hood suppliers but quality seems to vary. With the "B" then the rubber seals are the problem and I suspect the same will be even more true for the Ritmo/Strada Cabrio.

Where do i get a new roof/hood/soft top for my old Ritmo Cabrio?
The soft top has shrunk and is so stiff that it's hard to open and close the roof.
View attachment 414851
Very nice looking car you’ve got 🥰
I’ve got the same problem as yourself, hence my Cabrio has been stored in a garage for almost 10 years.
however, just recently I approached a friend of mine who writes for a classic car magazine here in Sweden, and he has put me in contact with a company in Linköping that will fit and fix a new roof.
my car has got real fabric and not the vinyl, which I want to have again.
let me know if you want any further details.

WOW that’s a clean car !!
as others have recommended you‘re probably going to have to look at a company who can make you one, but at least you could spec a new one with mohair which will last longer, not go stiff or crack and tends to look better than PVC or vinyl

Back