Technical right leaking petrol

Currently reading:
Technical right leaking petrol

went to halfords to get exhaust rubber but a bit of a more major thing appeared to happen.

when standing still- it doesnt leak
when idling- it doesn leak
when driving- it leaks

it appears its coming from ontop of the fuel tank, had jacked up and its coming out from the after she had just driven it

whats wrong? and how much will it cost? what would leak petrol from ontop of petrol tank area?

beau_4076 said:
went to halfords to get exhaust rubber but a bit of a more major thing appeared to happen.

when standing still- it doesnt leak
when idling- it doesn leak
when driving- it leaks

it appears its coming from ontop of the fuel tank, had jacked up and its coming out from the after she had just driven it

whats wrong? and how much will it cost? what would leak petrol from ontop of petrol tank area?

I have a leaky tank on my car it leaks from the seams. I should really buy a new one or get this one welded after i hang it out to dry. I think it will be a plastic tank on your car. lift up the back seats and undo the cover to the tank & see what u can find. like check the fuel lines from the pump. Had you just filled up the tank ? if so check the cap is on properly otherwise it will spill out of the overflow.

beau_4076 said:
it leaked with 0 petrol, where it starts juddering because its so low lol, and still leaked with £20's worth.

Then if its at the top of the tank it suggests the union on the pump carrier squirting it out under pressure that is if it only leaks when running .....

i had the same fault with fuel leeking only on the move it turned out to be my fuel filter found out it had a pin prik in and only leeked when moving hope this helps

is it sorted now might as well buy a fuel filter as they are cheep before buying splashing out on other things

Back