Styling retrimming the bravo

Currently reading:
Styling retrimming the bravo

ok... firstly i must say.. this is a massive pain in the bum so dont try it unless you have alot of patience!

ok so ive decided to retrim the pillars, roof lining and a few other bits in bravobeastie in cream suede.

29052008943.jpg

roof lining is pretty gross, so new one will be kept much cleaner!!

first i had to start at pulling away all the pillars and things, front pillars easy enough, but then it started to get trickey

29052008940.jpg

the B pillars were a pain.. had remove the seat belts at the top to get them off, but then it was fine...

29052008941.jpg

went on to to the boot, so got all that trim off, and got the sun visors and the interior light bit off.. can see it dangling in the pic below lol

29052008945.jpg

the rear speaker mould thingies were a pain in the BUM to do... not got any pics unfortunatly, but the bravo people will know... the rear seat belts go through a slat in the pillar/speaker mould type thing thats at the back... and was a right head scratching moment trying to figure out how to get them off... but i managed it!!

so all the pillars and other trim bits are off!

29052008947.jpg

one of the bits are gonna be a pain to trim, but im gonna give it a go and anything that i cant cover in suede, im gonna get a paint made up that is a colour match for the fabric and just paint them :eek:

so i had a sit down, and nursed some wounds... getting the jesus handles off were a pain.. they have little covers over the screws which are a b*tch to get off, and while trying to pry them off with a flat head screw driver i stabbed myself in the finger... kinda under the nail too so that hammered for awhile and i swore really really loud!! lol

after the sitdown i got back out (in the rain) and janked the head lining down!!

29052008951.jpg

29052008946.jpg

i couldnt quite figure out how to get the blind thing that covers the sun roof off so i sent my dad out and he got it off :D

29052008952.jpg

excuse Tipo's leg... he decided he'd like to take up residance behind the roof lining propped up in the living room LOL

29052008954.jpg

after some skill full duct taping because i just couldnt figure out how to dissconnect the light thing.... we're good for the next stage once the fabric actually arrives :rolleyes: which should be tomorrow!!

29052008949.jpg

Last edited:
looking good :) cant wait to see final outcome.. having a look at the tags at the bottom of the page made me smile... you got some serious love for bravobeastie... even if blood sweat and tears!

Excellent work (y) The light unit comes out with a few screws, couple are under covers IIRC then it drops down. I was looking at mine the other day and thinking how dull it was so I'll be interested to watch your progress/ results :)

yeah, i got it to dangle down... but i couldnt figure out how to dissconnect the wires :confused: had one of them push connector things, and got that undone, but then there was a wire that went straight from the light into the roof and there was no way to get it off :bang: so its just gotta be taped up till the lining is retrimmed and it gets all connected back up again :D

just saw this and thought it was mine lol im to preping everything for retrim but im going down the butterscotch faux suade as it is only £6 a metre plus its not as likely to seep as its pollyester based im told, good luck with it anyways i hope it all goes well.

UPDAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!

as some of you may have noticed at stanford... it didnt get done saturday as planned :eek: i got sick of people asking me why i only had one seat LOL

so bascially on saturday.. got up early, and started pissing about the the head lining, and the spray glue i got would just soak into the fabric already on it.. so wouldnt stick the suede to it... so i gave up on that and trimmed a pillar... and then went and bought paint

02062008994.jpg

the paint is for the bits that will be a pig to trim... so painted one bit and matches quite well with the fabric!!

one trimmed pillar and one painted bit:

02062008989.jpg

actually dont look that good there... but trust me it is!!

so by how my dad got home and i could get the ruddy leather out of his car

31052008959.jpg

and me, mike, and my dad got to work.... we took the passenger side bucket out and got the runners off

31052008957.jpg

got them on the bottom of the leathers....

31052008958.jpg

and then got it in the car...

31052008961.jpg

the didnt fit :bang:

then it was time for a call to Dan!! turns out the runners were for the buckets and didnt come off the original seats :rolleyes: why didnt i think of that!!! so back in went the seats (actually just one) and after all the carnage i left in the front yard...

31052008960.jpg

the summary of the day would probably be..

FAIL!!

so... what ive done today...

ive done all the pillars that can be trimmed easily..

02062008991.jpg

020620081001.jpg

02062008997.jpg

02062008998.jpg

and ive done more painting..

primered visor and speaker grill things
02062008990.jpg

painted handle covers and speaker bits
02062008992.jpg

primered rear pillar/speaker mould and painted jesus handles
020620081004.jpg

primered boot trim bit
020620081003.jpg

started raining so had to stop... but theres only a few bits left to do, then ive gotta attempt the head lining again... and get it all back in the car!!

oh and dad got me some runner on sunday but forgot to get the adjusters :bang: so gotta wait to get them before the seats can actually go in :eek:

but at least its comming together nicely now!

Back