Technical Resistor Compnent Mod for Seicento

Currently reading:
Technical Resistor Compnent Mod for Seicento

I have brought a so called reistor mod off e-bay, which fits to the inlet air temperature sensor, and adjusts the temperature to make the injectors provide more fuel to the cylinders. Does neone know if this mod will do damage or if it is safe? Will there be any after effects? apart from apparently a "bhp increase".

Any insights most welcome. - James

Magnecor, K & N, Bosch, Peco all buzz words of my sei!

NO - waste of money, its only worth about 20p, it adds more fuel to the mixture supposidly so it runs rich, which cant be good

Seicento Sporting,
Modified Front Bumper,
GT Wing Roof Spoiler - NOW STOLEN,
Abarth Side Skirts,
4" Powerflow Exhaust System,
Abarth 14" Alloys.

IN THE PIPELINE:
Bad Boy Bonnet,
New Spoiler,
De-locked Boot & Doors,
Afterburner Lights
-40mm Drop

Check out my site: badboygaz.mysite.freeserve.com

Thanks Guys - I take it i won't be fitting that then!! Lucky i only paid a pound for it otherwise i'd have been "PI**ED". It says on the instruction sheet "take your car for a spin, you WILL be able to feel the difference immediately" - Bull**it lol

Magnecor, K & N, Bosch, Peco all buzz words of my sei!

Its just like its running on the choke all the time, MPG will go out the window and I believe it will mess your engine up after a while! Next time you see an advert stating "20bhp for £5" you'll have to be more careful!

Matt

Signature space for rent, reasonable rates, apply within.

While most Cinqs are unreliable...mines just taking the pi55

Hi! i know james and he's told me about this thing he bought, but i this is the case, how does a chip differ from that resistor??
it still increases fuelling doesn't it??

i'm confused as to how they work now[xx(]

help??

GoGoCinquecento!

It doesn't increase the fuelling at all. It tries to fool the ecu into thinking the air coming in is colder therefore more dense with more oxygen in it, so you could put more fuel in to get it burning right and make more power.

What happens is the ecu thinks the air is colder and more dense, tries to up the fuelling, but the lambda sensor says 'sod off' and it gets weakened off again.

All it does is confuse the ecu and make it's work harder.

If you have GENUINELY cold air going in, your car will go quicker as it will work as designed. Mine definitely runs better on cold days.

Pete.
1242cc cinq,turbo cinq,Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group,Clubcento

i bought one of these for £5 off ebay as it was the early days of these (scams) and it was advertised as a "microprocessor that will boost your bhp by upto 10%. its strange that the people that sell them get tones of feedback saying they work when they actually make things worse in the long run.

When a 15P resistor arived in the post i threw it in the bin haha.. didnt even bother reading hte instructions

Uno "Fire" 999cc
Lowered 40mm Uprated Gmax shock & Spring system
Fox Evo3 15" Alloy Wheels
3" Rage Backbox
Corbeau Clubmans
E-Tech hatch Spoiler (FOR SALE, PM ME!)
450W 12" Boschmann Sub
330W Pioneer 6x9s
500W SPLX Amp

Click here for photos

Back