Technical Reset ECU Error Code?

Currently reading:
Technical Reset ECU Error Code?

tazztham

hi guys,

i just make myself into trouble. i have been runing with tuning-box for months with out problem. today, i tried to increase the power by stepping up the tuning box setting and did a costly experiment.:cry:

the tuning box is attached to the fuel line pressure switch and out of sudden, i thought let see if the engine will starts if i unplug the tuning box.

then i crack it a few times and the engine starts for less than 5 sec but unsmooth at all. so, later i plug back the tuning box and starts the engine easily. however, the Injector lights has comes on and i believe is an error code done by my little experiment.(n)

is there a way to reset the code manually without the reader? my dealer is far away from me and i would like to do it myseld if possible.

hope someone out there know a way...thanks.:worship:

dont cry :)

ECU's in general dont like sensors being disconnected totally..

if its running ok now, then drive it for a while with a few stops and starts and see if the light goes out. If the ECU doesent see a problem within a few driving cycles, it should turn off the light, but the relevant fault code will be stored. If it doesent go off, then its time for the diagnostics im afraid.

hi guys,

just to update... finally i sent my car for a scanner check. found fuel line pressure error. reset it and seems o.k.

lesson learn, do not unplug any sensor (except MAF) while starting the engine. the ecu will lock the error code even after pluging back the sensor.

(y)

Back