Technical Replacing VNT turbo actuator Ducato 2.3 150bhp

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing VNT turbo actuator Ducato 2.3 150bhp

Kitezone

Hi all,

I've got a Duacto 2013, 2.3L 150BHP with a VNT turbo. The actuator of the turbo has gone bad and need to be replaced. Does anyone know if it is possible to swap this actuator with the turbo still mounted? It is all pretty narrow. I thought maybe it is possible to remove the bolds that hold the actuator bracket and afterwards move the actuator aside a bit in order to access the lever and remove the clip from the VNT lever.

Anyone experience or advice?

thanks in advance,
Rens

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 64
Looking at a picture of that turbo it doesn't look very accessible to get to that clip unless you are a gynecologist .
So hats off to you if you manage it.;)

I will let you know in two weeks, first on holiday. Removing the clip is one…might be easiest part if even possible but mounting the new one could be a challenge. But will try anyone before removing complete turbo 😅

It took some time due to the weather outside but I managed to replace the actuator without removing the turbo.

First I removed part of the exhaust to get a little more access and then removed the 3 bolts that holds the actuator bracket to the turbo housing. Than I moved the actuator a little to the side and could see the clip that holds the actuator to the actuator shaft. I saw some challenge as this clip was hard to reach so I made a "tool" to be able to remove the clip. The tool was a small pipe which had a small screw at the end which I used to pull the clip. When mounting the new actuator I used the tool again to mount the clip. It took a little bit but it worked. Don't know if it saved me time but if I ever have to do it again I will do it the same way but than much faster :D

Last edited:
Back