Technical Replacing tyres with a different brand - do in pairs or fours?

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing tyres with a different brand - do in pairs or fours?

I've been following this thread with interest as I think my car's about due for new rubber. The Potenza's still have a bit of 'meat' on them but are the OEM tyres and are over eight years old now. There's a distinct feel that they're not at their best in the wet.

With the kind of pottering around I do these days I don't need anything flash (i.e. expensive) but perhaps a mid-range tyre price-wise. Is Continental considered of adequate quality?

Have a look at 'all weather' tyre reviews and make your decision from there I'd say, then google the prices (blackcircles.com are usually good)

Contis look quite good from this:
https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/2021-Tyre-Reviews-All-Season-Tyre-Test.htm

Is Continental considered of adequate quality?

Well it is by Fiat - they were the OEM tyres on my 500. And Continental are one of the 'big five' premium tyre brands.

I've no issues with them, but found the Michelin Energys that replaced them lasted a little longer lasting than the Conti ecocontacts, and were (slightly) quieter, too, though neither is a noisy tyre.

The 500 transmits quite a bit of road noise, and for me, a quiet tyre is a strong selling point when shopping for replacements.

Back