Technical Replacing the radio..... JEEEZZ !!!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing the radio..... JEEEZZ !!!!!!

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Hi
I realize that the message is two years old but -
I am an oap and facy changing my radio cassette for a cd.
The thought of stripping dash boards etc. puts me off as I find it difficult to bend and squirm into wee spaces. Question is - can you remember which Pioneer model you fitted to the Doblo or will they all fit??
Hopefully - thank you
Ian - viz - logibear

I fitted a JVC in mine and it went straight in without any modifications.
The model I have is a JVC KD-G321

I have hands like shovels so my choice of career was never going to be gynaecology but I managed to swap my rad/cass for a Halfords cheap & cheerful rad/cd/mp3/sd card.
Only extra needed was an adaptor for the aerial plug

Sony buetooth mp3 cd headunit jobbie didn't fit at first when we tried it.

What I discovered was a tab at the back of the Din unit space that shortened the depth the headunit could fit in. Simply put a blade down the slot on top of the headunit dash part (where it splits in two), and cut the tab off. This gave the unit the ability to sit in the space properly.

The next issue were the cables not fitting easily, put after about 4 days of trying to get the cables to fit in the hole they come through and no more than needed, it finally fitted perfectly.

Admittedly, its never going to come out again, but it sits flush and works perfectly. ;)

Hi guys, I'm new around here. Just bought my first ever van, a '55 Doblo Cargo 1.3 SX.

The stock radio was pretty awful and only cassette. I have installed my Alpine unit with thanks to this guide.

I post on quite a few forums and think they are a fantastic source of knowledge. That's why I took photos throughout my radio change. So I can give something back to this forum.

Just checking it would be OK to build on this guide, possibly re-write a few steps so they relate to the photos I have a little more?

Also, I have a Parrot CK3100 kit (this and the Alpine radio I fitted to my car, a Mondeo Estate).

Anybody fitted a BT handsfree kit to the Doblo?

I cannot see how I am going to fit all of the cables in, there is a LOT of loom that needs to fit behind the radio. The only solution I can see at the moment is making up my own looms (the alpine has it's own loom to convert ISO to some Alpine connector).

I cut the stopper thing out from behind the radio which free'd up enough space for the Alpine loom so any help from people who have somehow managed to fit more cabling in would be great!

Also, I have 10cm in-dash speakers. I note there are grills on the door cards, anybody know if there is wiring in the doors for speakers or can larger units be fitted in the dash?

Thanks.

Chris :D

Last edited:
Hi again, can any one advise on how I can get all of the cabling for my parrot kit up through the dash into the back of the headunit? It's such a tight space and so much cabling!

I was thinking of perhaps installing all of the parrot kit somewhere else and making up my own loom that extends the ISO connector?

sorry about dragging up an old thread,

but i have just bought a doblo for my dogs,same as you guys,want to replace the tape player with a cd,i haven't got the tools to remove the original,don't want to give halfords a fiver for a one off,is there any other way to remove it?

cheers scott

Well the new radio arrived today... Early :)

But boy was it a bugger to fit! Had to take the dash apart same as Niall but the unit only just fits in itself without the connector! Had to make a few adjustments to the position of the wiring behind the heater vents in the middle of the dash, and lucily the connector block fitted through the hole in the dash under the binnacle :) slowly but surely, feeding the wire as I pushed the head unit in it went! Also, there are two plastic blocks either side of the binnacle that I had to file off to get the new radio to fit, but these will become apparent if anyone else has the same problem :)

And there was me planning to add a small subwoofer sometime in the future, you can't even get a paper clip behind the unit let alone a phono plug! :(

The sound is a lot better now though and I would definately recommend to anyone thinking of upgrading their head unit :)

I had the unit out also for upgrading to subs, but could not get a phono on.

You can get phono plugs from maplins. I am thinking it might work if you remove the plastic bits, then make a shorter plug.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back