General Replacing the factory radio/GPS unit with an Android head unit

Currently reading:
General Replacing the factory radio/GPS unit with an Android head unit

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Dave Ducato

After numerous issues with the existing radio (sat nat never worked, Bluetooth drops out when it fancies, radio loses signal in several local areas, but my car doesn't!). So decided to bite the bullet and replace it. I bought a cheapish one on Ebay (£150ish) and learnt you need to do a bit more research! It didn't work well & too slow. Returned it and got a refund. Then looked up loads of them on Youtube, many hours spend narrowing the choice, and eventually decided on the model below. Ordered it today and will see how it goes then report back. There are many very similar makes & models but what made me choose this one over all the others was it has a physical volume button and you can adjust the screen height up or down on the 1 DIN unit to suit the dash. I'm not bothered about it not having a trim/bezel to exactly match the curved dashboard. If there is a small gap it really doesn't matter to me.

(Ducato 2019 auto)

Below in the first picture is the original rubbish radio Fiat fitted, nothing about it ever worked properly.

The new unit goes into the single DIN slot, the screen is then held in with clips, excellent design, makes it so much easier for the installer and allows the screen to be moved up or down by 25mm from the central position. I found a £20 bezel on Ebay to fit the dash and made it a pretty tidy fit. Well pleased with the set-up, links to my phone wirelessly and puts Auto Android onto the screen. The phone is crystal clear. I play audiobooks through Andriod Auto which it does well. If you want to use the steering wheel controls you need to include fitting a Connect mini loom which is pretty straightforward. It Plays Spotify, Netfix and even Youtube! Last picture shows a message from my son popping up on the screen. You can more or less add anything from Playstore through the built-in Playstore app.

IMG_20230904_150327_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230913_163847_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230913_163828_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230913_173012_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230913_172945_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230913_172928_HDR.jpg

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back