Technical Replacing front brake pads on Multipla

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing front brake pads on Multipla

Roberto1961

Sorry if this has already been covered, I am new to this forum and my front brake pads need replaing on my Multipla, but unlike other cars I have had I have no idea how to deal with this typ of caliper, could some one be so kind and post an idiot guide for me.

Many thanks in advance

Sorry if this has already been covered, I am new to this forum and my front brake pads need replaing on my Multipla, but unlike other cars I have had I have no idea how to deal with this typ of caliper, could some one be so kind and post an idiot guide for me.

Many thanks in advance
(y)Very easy to do,just undo caliper drop pads out put new ones in.Never had a car which was so easy to do.:D

I now this doesnt help much, but i agree i bought our multi last year and had to replace both the front pads and the front discs and it was a doddle if only i could remeber how i did it.

I gotta do i few jobs onour multi so will post with details when had a quick look at them for you.

But if i remember rightly then you only need undo the 2 bolts on rear of the callipers to remove the outer shroud from the caliper and drop the new pads in and pop the shroud/cover back on and replace the 2 pins and hey presto job done i think.

Just remember to take the cap off the brake fluid resovoir as when you push the caliper open the fluid needs somewhere to go.

Just remember to take the cap off the brake fluid resovoir as when you push the caliper open the fluid needs somewhere to go.

Also open the bleed screw on the calliper, this will make pushing the piston back much easier.

Opening the bleed screw should always be done to avoid pushing the brake fluid back through the hydraulics, as it can damage abs units and master cylinders.

Back