Technical Replacing '99 MK1 Punto ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing '99 MK1 Punto ECU

Is this an easy task? There is a light on the dash which comes on for a few seconds when engine started like a hose spurting water downwards i heard this is the ECU light and it must be packed in.:bang:

I got a spare Punto could I just swap it over?

As Beau says, its the injector light thats coming on, not an "ECU" light.

Could be a number of things causing the problem

what is your car doing? that is the injector light your talking about- not the ecu light.

The car is doing nothing, the light just comes on briefly when the engine is started and goes after a few seconds.

Its letting you know that a sensor is out of range, couild be cambelt jumped,
leak in MAP pipe, leak in manifold, oxy sensor faulty.
T.

Its letting you know that a sensor is out of range, couild be cambelt jumped,
leak in MAP pipe, leak in manifold, oxy sensor faulty.
T.
sorry - just to clarify, if the injector light comes on for a few secs when starting , then goes out, it's indicating the faults above? jeebus, mines always done that, thought it was normal :)

Its only coming on when you start it and then goes off??

Its suppose to do that! :D If it comes on while you're driving...thats when you have problems! (n)

According to the Owner Handbook the "injection system malfunction" light should come on when you initially turn the ignition key to MAR but should go out again after a few seconds on the 55/60/Selects models and once the engine is started on 16v and GT versions.

Finally the 'Handbook notes "The temporary occasional lighting up of this warning light should be ignored."

Jules

Back