General Replacement key

Currently reading:
General Replacement key

Hi, Please could someone help we bought a 115elx jtd a few weeks ago, the only problem is it only has 1 key. I have contacted fiat for a price but wondered if anyone out there had found a cheaper source of replacement keys:). Oh I forgot to say its on a 53 plate and we are in the n-east. Any advice or info would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
sadly I dont think you are going to have much luck as they have to be Fiat computer coded. Why not try the last owner(s) just in case from the service history or VRD?

I just got a call from the garage I bought the Multi from 3 months ago. "I found a second key - would you like it?" (y)

Hi, Oh well I thought I may need to grit my teeth and pay fiat for one:eek:, I just thought it was worth asking everyone first. We bought the car privately and its a 1 owner but they had lost the other key. I would run it with just the 1 key but with my luck the sensible thing would be to have a spare.:D:D

Why not pop down to your local timpsons and get a key cut, ok it wont work the immobiliser but you wont be locked out.
Ecu's can be cleared these days when it comes to keys there is a guy on ebay who sells keys and matching ecu's for prob less than a key.

Back