Technical 05 front o/s headlamp cluster removal/replace. Flying lead!

Currently reading:
Technical 05 front o/s headlamp cluster removal/replace. Flying lead!

Hi, all on Fiat Forum.

AE23D3EF-ABD9-4F3D-9BE1-5C570103E0DC.jpeg
Our 2005 1.6 16v Bi-Fuel Multipla just took three of us us 2000 miles round to Skye and back camping. So practical and useful with two seats removed.

No problems occurred except on checking o/s front light cluster the fog lamp springs/clips have broken up and bits are in the unit. I've botched a foam pad to keep halogen in place (hoping it will not overheat!). It's not an MOT failure thankfully but it is a real struggle to get behind to try to fix so I tried to remove the whole cluster.
As there is no manual (Haynes or otherwise) and nothing on YouTube or here, does anyone know how to get it out (to replace - eb roughly £40) without taking whole front bumper off? I could only find two bolts (Stilo YouTube is three and easy to remove). I could only wiggle it about 5cm forward after removing top bumper bolts under already removed FIAT grill but front bolt bit caught inside bumper. Thanks.
Also I found a flying electrical lead (near the o/s cluster) with plug that seems not to fit into any terminal anywhere within its reach... quite strange....

Attachments

• FB61EC63-4B04-4683-9305-E4919CAF89D3.jpeg
    FB61EC63-4B04-4683-9305-E4919CAF89D3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • 61D4F82C-3046-417C-9572-1FE091AF7071.jpeg
    61D4F82C-3046-417C-9572-1FE091AF7071.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
I would have the 3 off 10 mm bolts of the black steel brace piece. Sorry cannot be of more use.
On the other side that needs to come off for the air filter replacement and I think it was part of the flat chest MK11 update pack from the previous bustier curvier model.

Last edited:
Mike Keogh did you succeed in removing light cluster without removing the bumper?
I have to remove my headlight unit to access troublesome alarm unit beneath it...

There is a third bolt, sadly it's behind the bumper, and you need to loosen at least the side of the bumper you need access the light to, to pull it far enough away from he car to get the socket into the fixing. (no real need to remove bumper completely)

Hope this helps...
multi light.jpg

See attached pic, 3rd bolt is ringed in red.

There is a third bolt, sadly it's behind the bumper, and you need to loosen at least the side of the bumper you need access the light to, to pull it far enough away from he car to get the socket into the fixing. (no real need to remove bumper completely)

Hope this helps...
View attachment 420158
See attached pic, 3rd bolt is ringed in red.
Thanks Hugh, very helpful!
Is that a bracket on the right for the 2nd bolt?

Yes, one on the top, one on the right side and one underneath. (can't remember if you can get the side one without bumper removal, think I removed just the relevant side of bumper, and got son to just hold it away from the car whilst I squeezed in to the bolts with the ratchet)
Glad to have been of help!!

Back