Replacement car for elderly mother-in-law

Currently reading:
Replacement car for elderly mother-in-law

where can you get an electric Mini for 5 grand? Where can you get any EV for 5 grand?*

how does keeping it at another property allow an OAP to be independent?

I think some people read the title of the thread and maybe half of what the OP writes then just post what they think. Yeah you might be able to get a £5k electric car but certainly not one that meets the other criteria.
Certainly not a mini, and certainly nothing you wouldn’t either need to pay a lease on the battery or could have an old or damaged battery. In which case a £200 banger would be a better idea than a £5k Ev

An EV is not good for occasional use and expensive. Batteries don't like being continiously toped up and it costs money too. Does she have a place to park were it can be charged?

I am +1 for a Panda. As you have one you can easily answer any questions too.

Robert G8RPI.

An EV is not good for occasional use and expensive. Batteries don't like being continiously toped up and it costs money too. Does she have a place to park were it can be charged?

I am +1 for a Panda. As you have one you can easily answer any questions too.

Robert G8RPI.
Funny isn't it, when not applying to much reasoning to the problem it's quite easy to think "Oh, an electric car would be ideal for this or that" But then, as here, when you think a bit more deeply about it the electric option only seems to fit a very few applications with battery care/charging etc often a major concern. Nope, I doubt if I'll ever buy an electric battery powered vehicle.

Back