Technical Removing the Sei Airbag Steering wheel

Currently reading:
Technical Removing the Sei Airbag Steering wheel

MikeyD

How easy/difficult is it to remove the steering wheel of a Fiat Seicento (Airbag model)? I want to fit an aftermarket wheel and I dont want the wretched thing to blast my face off !

thanks
M :confused:

Ive just phoned RSM Motorspot (who were very helpful) and the guy didnt want to sell me the Momo Boss until i got my new aftermarket wheel measured.
He says that he's not sure if the Strada Abarth Steering wheel will fit a new type Momo Boss. Can anyone shed any light. Im waiting on my wheel ariving from Germany so i dont know if it would fit the momo boss or not.

Also, RSM dont do Airbag version of the boss, only non airbag. Is this ok to use?

thanks

M

Also, RSM dont do Airbag version of the boss, only non airbag. Is this ok to use?

thanks

M

Talk to someone else! AFAIK, the strada abarth wheel uses the same mounts as Momo et al. There are two different types of boss. One is parallel, the other has a whopping great big bulge at the bottom to accomodate the wider shroud with the late Cinq/Sei column. You want one like this: (A marks the bulge)

Attachments

• steering-wheel.jpg
    steering-wheel.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 15
This has been covered if you look for it. I have removed an air-bag wheel, it was easy, two flaps on the back of wheel spokes, open allen bolts removed front of steering wheel, some torx to remove the air-bag bit, all very obviuos when top of wheel has been removed.

I have also had a Strada Abarth 130TC wheel, it fits standard MOMO/Riad/OMP type 6 bolt fitting boss. Sure I answered that very question only 2 weeks ago.

thanks guys.

But i didnt want to order thje wrong MOMO Boss kit, thats why i asked questions here.....

The guy at RSM very kindly stopped me buying the boss kit but i can now buy the kit with confidence (i hope). Up the Strada Abarths, down with VW GTI's:)

Back