Technical Removing lower radiator pipe

Currently reading:
Technical Removing lower radiator pipe

This probably should have gone on the other thread about leaking rad, but I wanted to make it more prominent as I really need help with this ASAP.

As you know, I'm changing bumper, front panel, radiator etc. I've managed (with your help) to get it all out successfully, moving the AC out of the way to get it all off. As you correctly identified the fittings holding in the top of the radiator to the front panel are rivets. I was going to drill them out and use the brackets with nuts and bolts, but as the part they go into is tubular you can't get behind to put a nut on, so I guess I'll have to invest in a pop rivet gun unless anyone else has an idea.

Problem I'm having is as in the picture. The 90 degree rigid plastic pipe that fits at the bottom of the expansion tank that the flexible pipe fits onto. It has some sort of retaining clip which has come off easily enough but I can't get the thing off of the old radiator. I've tried unscrewing (it won't budge), prising it off etc, it just will not budge. Can anyone help or shall I just buy a new bit from a Fiat dealers?

Picture below.

Attachments

• radiatorpipe.jpg
    radiatorpipe.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 53
Give it a bit of heat (hair dryer etc) and a wiggle. It should then begin to move a bit and indicate where it might be sticking.

Good luck!

Back