General Remove rectangular speedometer

Currently reading:
General Remove rectangular speedometer

Veloman518

I want to remove the rectangular speedo housing on my 500L. I’m guessing the housing is clipped in but I don’t want to fiddle around with the old plastic and break it. Does anyone have pics/instructions for popping it off?

Look on the underside of the housing and you will see (just) 2 spring clips. They hold the bottom of the housing against the raised section of the dash that the 500L housing sits on. Put some light outward pressure on the bottom of the housing as, with a flat screw-driver you lift and release these clips. When they have both been released/eased, lift the housing out from the bottom---there are 2 lugs that hold the housing in place at the top. Re-fitting the housing is simply a matter of engaging the lugs at the top and pushing the bottom of the housing in until the clips 'click'. If you are completely removing the housing, you will need to undo the speedo cable and disconnect both of the multi-plugs. All 3 of these items are reached from back of the housing, just above the fuel tank. The 2 multi-plugs are coloured (1 white +1 red) and will only re-fit with the halves of the multi-plugs colour-matched.

Look on the underside of the housing and you will see (just) 2 spring clips. They hold the bottom of the housing against the raised section of the dash that the 500L housing sits on. Put some light outward pressure on the bottom of the housing as, with a flat screw-driver you lift and release these clips. When they have both been released/eased, lift the housing out from the bottom---there are 2 lugs that hold the housing in place at the top. Re-fitting the housing is simply a matter of engaging the lugs at the top and pushing the bottom of the housing in until the clips 'click'. If you are completely removing the housing, you will need to undo the speedo cable and disconnect both of the multi-plugs. All 3 of these items are reached from back of the housing, just above the fuel tank. The 2 multi-plugs are coloured (1 white +1 red) and will only re-fit with the halves of the multi-plugs colour-matched.
Thank you. It's what I thought but didn't want to go in there like a gorilla and break something

Back