Technical Remote problem???

Currently reading:
Technical Remote problem???

chicken_chau_mein

Stilolos???
So the other day I went to collect my niece up from school. Parked up and remote locked the car. Picked her up and then went to unlock my car. Usually one press of the remote is enough but i must of been pressing the unlock for a good minute or so. Eventually gave up and used the key to unlock it. The light on the remote still flashes but my brother suggested the battery was low so i changed it for a brand new duracell. It still didn't work.

I found a place that does remote car key repairs whereby they open the key and replace anything faulty. Sent it off to them and they told me the key was transmitting a signal fine and that the problem was with my car. WTF???

Any suggestions? :confused:

It's on a rolling code so keep pressing and see if it'll come around again otherwise it may mean a trip to the dealer to reprogram your car to accept it or you can use FES if you have it but you'll also need your car code to reprogram keys

That doesn't sound cheap. How would it just lose the code anyway??? Would disconnecting the battery for a while do any good?

It hasn't lost the code, it's more likely out of sequence
It not a set figure code, it rolls over to the next each time it's used
In simple terms imagine a 3 times table synch code
Key is emtting no 9 but car is expecting 57,60 or 63 (it'll allow a bit just in case someone has been playing with the buttons)
It's not getting any of those so the key isn't accepted
That's why sometimes people give up and throw their non working spare key in the drawer, then when they try again, it's suddenly accepted again, it's back in sequence

Disconnecting battery won't do any harm

Last edited:
Back