General Remote locking, indicators and alarm.

Currently reading:
General Remote locking, indicators and alarm.

rc3675

Hi, I've just purchased an 04 JTD Dynamic Plus Multipla. However when I lock or unlock the car I don't get any notification (indicators don't flash and I've no idea if the alarm is working). Can anyone help? Is there a switch or setting somewhere?
Thanks.

Is the car an Alarmed version? I guess so... Is the battery in the key flat? The key LED should flash once if it is flat, or the light on the dash remain on for a few seconds after deactivation...

Hi Matten. thanks for replying.

I've had it confirmed to me that the car does have an alarm (although it definitely isn't setting as I sat in the car, locked it and tried to make the alarm sound, which it stubbornly refused to do :p)

The key light comes on for as long as the button is pressed, plus it unlocks from a reasonable distance, so I think that's OK.

Which indicator do you mean inside the car? If it's the LED, then that doesn't come on at all, ever.(n)

I've had a look at some of the other forums and the Stilo seems to have quite abit about inicators flashing, and them being linked to the alarm. These are set via the onboard software and need a Fiat dealer to change.
The dealer I bought from (not a main dealer) also made enquiries and came up with similar-ish answers. So he's going to pay for a Fiat diagnostic session.

Thats good then - Let us know how it goes... Could be the fuse I guess, let fiat diagnose, see what they come up with. And the alarm system flashing LED is explained in the cars manual...

disconnect the battery for a few minutes ,it worked for me

it could be because of the country setting. on the older multipla like mine, you can change the country setting of the alarm with some steps. cannot remember how it its , it involve of pressing the bonnet button few times etc. try to search fiat coupe manual on internet. the have complete step.

the country setting will give you option either to turn off the sound with blinking indicator or louder alarm sound or quieter alarm sound etc.

Last edited:
Just an update.
I've had the car checked by a Fiat dealer, and the alrm unit is missing :eek:
I think this could be a major reason why it doesn't set :rolleyes:
All credit to the garage that I bought it from, they're paying for it to be replaced.

That would cause a problem in setting the alarm... The dealer is quite right :L - full credit to him... Did you check your cars history before you bought it? Could be a symptom of it being stolen

The history is fine, we did a check. Thanks for the thought though.

It's only had 2 owners, and I think the previous owner probably had a fault with the alarm, which rather than fixing, decided to take it off.

There's been a distinct lack of anything done on the car since 2007 when it was last serviced. (Thankfully it had only done 15k miles since then so I wasn't too worried, just gave it a full service as soon as I got it).

Just an update.
I've had the car checked by a Fiat dealer, and the alrm unit is missing :eek:
I think this could be a major reason why it doesn't set :rolleyes:
All credit to the garage that I bought it from, they're paying for it to be replaced.

Just an update, the alarm unit has been replaced and all now looks to be working excellent (y)

This new alarm has now gone off, falsely, twice! Perhaps this was the reason the alrm unit was replaced?

Anyway, both times the led flashed 6 times, so I checked the manual and it said it's the bonnet.
I checked the bonnet switch and found that I could set it off by trying to raise the bonnet in it's little bit of free play.
Simple fix. Bent the switch bracket slightly so that the button was raised towards the bonnet. Cost £0. :D
No more false alarms since.

Hello rc3675

I've not been on this forum for a while and had I noticed this one I would have recommended you not bother with having it replaced.

You'll see a number of posts on here about troublesome alarms, and ours goes off when it feels like it. As it's on the same circuit as the central locking, we lock the doors manually.

But removing the alarm! Why didn't I think of that?

Do you know where it's located?

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know where the unit is.
I did however anticipate that perhaps there may have been a sensor problem and hence the reason it had been removed, so what I was going to do (if I hadn't been so lucky in the bonnet switch) was to bypass the faulty sensor and hence basically fool the system into thinking the switch was always set.

Back