Technical Remote key problem

Currently reading:
Technical Remote key problem

schwalbe

Remote control has stopped working on my 2.4 JTD: won't operate the central locking or the alarm. Problem is the alarm is armed so I can't switch the thing off. The red light on the key was only flashing once, which the handbook says means the batteries need repalcing. Have done this but no difference: single flash only and no effect on the car, which starts up OK but it's a bit of a nuisance setting off the alarm every time I use it. Spare blue key is not working at all:no flashing light even with new batteries, so that option is not open!

Anybody know what I need to do to fix the key, or at least to switch the alarm off?

I had a simmilar problem with my key, changed battery with no change. found that if i squeezed the key on the fiat logo and pressed the button it worked fine. might work for you, worth a try anyway.

rob

Update: the alarm no longer goes off [but the LED on the dash still flashing], don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Tried taking the fuse that is supposed to protect the alarm ECU but it still flashes.

Back