Technical Remote Central Locking - Press button, nothing happens!

Currently reading:
Technical Remote Central Locking - Press button, nothing happens!

Hi all,

I have a Mk2 Punto. It has the blue key with the black strip containing the remote central locking button. I have only had the car a few weeks and when I'd press the button, the LED wasn't flashing so I popped a new battery into it. Now when I press the button the LED does flash however I suspect that the previous owner may have left the remote with the battery flat for quite some time.

Do these lose the "coding" if left with a flat battery for any length of time and if so - is there a way of getting it to reconnect without having to take it to a dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Have you driven the car since the new battery was installed? I don't know if its possible but with a 'rolling' code if it re-writes the key automatically it may do your CL at the same time
Mine works as it should but every once in a while this happens to me but once driven its fine and works as it should.

See if you can find a 'friendly' down at your local stealership and see if they can tell you what the crack is, I'll have a read of my original manuals from the dealer, the one that tells you you have CL and how it works along with how to operate the cassette player even though I have an MP3 CD player as standard lol, doubt owt will be in there but as once said by a fit bird called Jo in a Yorkshire accent on a show called TakeMe Out 'You never knorrrr'

Back