Technical Remap FTW!

Currently reading:
Technical Remap FTW!

strange looking graph? looks a little aggressive? mine is way different:

remap0001.jpg

Back from Red Dot!! Was running 145BHP Standard (Augusto wanted to know what i'd done LOL)

Now 186.6BHP & 315.5ftlb

Mine made 144bhp standard and he said "oh yeah thats what they all make they are a very good engine" I got less bhp and one more torque

Back from Red Dot!! Was running 145BHP Standard (Augusto wanted to know what i'd done LOL)

Now 186.6BHP & 315.5ftlb

Mine made 144bhp standard and he said "oh yeah thats what they all make they are a very good engine" I got less bhp and one more torque

mine made 145 standard and augusto said it was normal

For the guys newly re-mapped with high torque figures I suggest you think carefully about how you use that torque, its torque that is the killer of the Dual mass flywheel, its easy to cater for though, just dont change up too early, make sure you have good road speed and above 16 1700 RPM and enjoy! (y)

My clutch is getting changed next week :|

Il have to be more careful with this one

LOL not sure i follow the dont change up too quickly bit? Been used to changing up as soon as it will take it so 1500rpm-ish.

Thats why I mentioned it alex, by changing up early with a re-map which has now changed the working dynamics of the standard clutch / gearbox / drivetrain, you have to empathise with the car and use the torque wisely.

Change up a bit later, give the mechanicals an easier time so that they get stressed less than they will be by early up-changes. (y)

aaaaah i understand now, so after the point of highest torque is an ideal spot for an upshift?

I had noticed that i had enough power to shift from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 at 1000 rpm now LOL

Last edited:
aaaaah i understand now, so after the point of highest torque is an ideal spot for an upshift?

I had noticed that i had enough torque to shift from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 at 1000 rpm now LOL

I just hold back on up-shifts until around 1800 RPM or thereabouts since my re-map, it feels smoother and 23,000 miles on from my re-map and 55,500 miles on the clock my drivetrain is still good.

Yes you can change early but the stress on the drivetrain will tell sooner rather than later.

If everything the engine feeds its power through was built or even adapted to cope with the increase there would be no worry at all... but it isnt so you have to be your cars guardian. (y)

Ye, it didnt feel like it was happy to change so early but it could ill give 1800 a try and thanks :)

Its one of those things i guess thats harder to learn in the same car, than getting a car with a different power profile and learning how and where to change.

Back