Technical Relay going insane

Currently reading:
Technical Relay going insane

Okay so i have a relay thats going whacky, but it's only on when the engine is running. any idea what it could be. it's driveing me bloody nutts. it sounds like it's comeing off the drivers side bulkhead. any help would be appreciated because this one finally has me stumped.

Gordie.

stick a hosepipe in your ear, and point the other end near different relays, you'll soon find the little clicker. then you need to figure out what circuit iti s for and do some tests to find out what is wrong with the circuit (wiring fault or component fault)

stick a hosepipe in your ear, and point the other end near different relays, you'll soon find the little clicker. then you need to figure out what circuit iti s for and do some tests to find out what is wrong with the circuit (wiring fault or component fault)

such a simple answer to a complicated fault finding task... i love it! Jug i may very well end up buying you a pint sometime!

well the little bugger tried to hide on me today, was snooping around looking for the failing relay and there was no ticking at all. so when i was getting ready to kill the engine, the fan turns on. and guess what i hear? TICKING!! so it's the fan relay being a noisy little prat... good thing i took my time getting back to shut it off. ohh and by chance does anyone know where i can get a new arm to hold the bonnet up with? i snaped mine by pulling too hard on it. :bang:

bonnet stay will be £2-3 at scrapyard, moke sure you dont damage either of the 2 plastic clips holding it on.

the fan relay is prone to rusting, that could be the cause of the clicking, clean up the connector and grease it up. if that failt to fix it, get a new relay while you're at the scrapyard. that should cost another £2.

bonnet stay will be £2-3 at scrapyard, moke sure you dont damage either of the 2 plastic clips holding it on.

the fan relay is prone to rusting, that could be the cause of the clicking, clean up the connector and grease it up. if that failt to fix it, get a new relay while you're at the scrapyard. that should cost another £2.

Relay £2...get 5 or 6 for that price... spares! (y)

Please guys, can anyone post a pic showing the location of the fan relay?
I don't think I know where it is. My car's temp is sometimes playing up so I want to do what you suggested, thanks.

Please guys, can anyone post a pic showing the location of the fan relay?
I don't think I know where it is. My car's temp is sometimes playing up so I want to do what you suggested, thanks.

Depends on the car i'd asume, mine was in front of the battery was a black one, but on a 80sx its red as smaller etc, so dunno. Have loads of spare ones now just in case.

heres a thread that may be of interest:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/1563...156507851/Fan+relay+on+Bravo+and+fan+problems

This could be the wiper intermittent relay which is mounted on the motor itself. try to turn on the wipers and see if the clicking stops..

Owen.

Back