General regas

Currently reading:
General regas

Im on state pension and can't afford expensive garages
Well home refil kits often cost more than the simple price of a regas at a garage. As mush as £90 for a home kit versus £60ish for a garage, making an expensive garage the cheap option.

A home refil kit will not tell you if there is a leak so you put a £90 refil kit into the system and it could just pour back out of a hole wasting your money.

So if you can’t afford s garage to do it then you have no other choice but to just leave it

groupon do deals. If you cant afford it then dont use the aircon, not something to mess around with for diy filling. Needs evacuated, then dodgy gas and oil filled.

Well home refil kits often cost more than the simple price of a regas at a garage. As mush as £90 for a home kit versus £60ish for a garage, making an expensive garage the cheap option.

A home refil kit will not tell you if there is a leak so you put a £90 refil kit into the system and it could just pour back out of a hole wasting your money.

So if you can’t afford s garage to do it then you have no other choice but to just leave it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230818-120541_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230818-120541_Samsung Internet.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230818-120541_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230818-120541_Samsung Internet.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 18
£40 a complete waste of money as will not stop most leaks and says in big letters across the front of the product "NOT FOR AC REFILL"

So put that in by all means but your AC still won't work, and you're £40 in it already.

If the system is empty, then it will have air and moisture in there, which needs to be Vacuumed out by the right refill machine, otherwise the system will not work properly, moisture will cause rust in the compressor and the compressor will quickly fail.

or as @vexorg said above look on Groupon

AC.JPG

Pay £2 more and have it done properly.

£40 a complete waste of money as will not stop most leaks and says in big letters across the front of the product "NOT FOR AC REFILL"

So put that in by all means but your AC still won't work, and you're £40 in it already.

If the system is empty, then it will have air and moisture in there, which needs to be Vacuumed out by the right refill machine, otherwise the system will not work properly, moisture will cause rust in the compressor and the compressor will quickly fail.

View attachment 428380

As stated; needs to have vacuum pulled on it to check for leaks and remove any moisture. If there is a leak the vacuum cannot be maintained they should then stop there. Depending on what was in the system there may be a UV indicator which, if leak is the case, will show where leak is.

Some places (as suggested above) will probably try to upsell ("anti-bacterial cleaning") with cabin filter replacement which may improve airflow and possibly eliminate some smells but is not strictly necessary. Cabin filter is down by the steering column (on RHD) and is dooable as DIY if you are (physically) flexible and have a bastard sized 4.5mm A/F socket and or spanner ;)

Edit: I am usually the last to recommend Halfords but they do seem to offer a "free" aircon check.... Again beware the upsell!

Last edited:
I've used ATS through groupon several times over the last few years when the deals are on, and never had any issue with them and the aircon. (other than the old juke failed it's vacuum, but that was due to a big hole on the condenser)

I am usually the last to recommend Halfords but they do seem to offer a "free" aircon check.... Again beware the upsell!

A pal of mine has just had a horrendous experience with Halfords and their free aircon "check". Too long to detail here, but they did work he neither asked for nor approved, which did nothing to fix his problem, and scratched his car in the process. Had a scrap to get his money back. AVOID.

View attachment 428380

i found this

Attachments

• Screenshot 08-20-2023 17.46.12.png
    Screenshot 08-20-2023 17.46.12.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 26
I found this
I don't understand what point you are trying to make - this is an advert for a regas on a vehicle which uses R1234YF, which yours hasn't got.

Bottom line is that regassing an A/C system is a job best left to professionals with the correct equipment. Trying to do it yourself using a kit you've bought cheaply on ebay risks personal injury, further damage to your car, environmental pollution and will quite likely be a complete waste of money.

If you can't afford, or don't want, to spend the money on a professional regas, then just leave it alone and open the window if it gets too warm.

i found this
you went to the ATS euromaster website and as already pointed out this is for a R1234yf regas which your car is not.

In order to get that screen shot you would have gone past this page.

AC.JPG

Which as you can see lists a R134a regas at £62 and if you go to GROUPON !!! as has been repeatedly stated you can get £20 off that.
If you can't afford, or don't want, to spend the money on a professional regas, then just leave it alone and open the window if it gets too warm.
^^^^^ this. if you go messing about with the aircon system, cause more damage to it, or yourself then on your head be it.

You can spend £40 on your leak stopper can and you'll still need to pay for a regas anyway.

As stated above
I don't understand what point you are trying to make

If anyone uses this, I'd be interested to receive feedback, paricularly if they try to upsell.
As said above, no problems with them several times, they'll do the job, no upsell, let you know if it fails (and still charge the voucher). Previously their groupon deal was £25 a few years ago.

Actually that's not quite true, one of the cars couldn't be done because they were borderline on having enough gas. They were very apologetic, saying that the last person on the machine should have notified someone and got more in. But just rebooked and no problem next time.

Back