Tuning Refitting Cylinder Head

Currently reading:
Tuning Refitting Cylinder Head

fido

I'm just doing the head gasket on the 1.2 petrol Doblo. I have a service manual CD and it states the initial torque for the head bolts as "2 da Nm". I know what newton metres are but what does the da bit mean? The torque is then followed by an angular tightening sequence "3 + 90 degree + 90 degree" Do you know what the 3 means? does it mean you wait 3 minutes before doing the angular tightening?

I have stripped everything off the head and am ready to undo the head bolts. I can't see the crankshaft timing mark on the engine cover but I've set the cam pulley to the notch mark. I will set the crank to TDC using a clock gauge when the head is off. Any tips on how to fit the nuts on the bottom row of inlet manifold studs? I can't reach them with fingers and had to just dangle a spanner between the intake pipes when removing them. Perhaps you have to fit the manifold to the head before fitting it to the engine?:confused:

Last edited:
fido said:
I'm just doing the head gasket on the 1.2 petrol Doblo. I have a service manual CD and it states the initial torque for the head bolts as "2 da Nm". I know what newton metres are but what does the da bit mean?
The da is short for "deca", meaning ten. E.g. 2 da Nm is 20 Nm. If you think about it, 2 Nm would be a very low torque setting!
I don't know about the rest sorry.
H

Thanks H, I've worked in science and engineering for 30 years now but that's a new one on me :idea:

Back