Technical Red light on dash

Currently reading:
Technical Red light on dash

kevin47

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me out here, I had a red light come on my dash of my 1.4 bravo. Look like a plug with spray coming out. I thought it was the oxy sensor. So I purchased a new one. The light went out. But after just two days has come back on. Are my suspisions right that its the oxy sensor or is something different. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
kevin:bang:

Hi, so i've replaced the wrong part, it also seems to drinking the fuel. anymore help please.
THanks
kevin

Yes the symbol is an injector, but it is the ECU error warning light. It is on because the cars ECU knows something is wrong.

How has your car been behaving? any problems?

Garages can read the error code and tell you whats wrong for about £20. Or you might be able to logicaly figure out whats wrong and put it right yourself.

Hi, adrian the car been reving up and down on its own as well as over reving, drinking to much fuel and sometimes cutting out. I first thought it was the lambda sensor.
Although these symtoms are gradually going away. And when I replaced the sensor the light went out. But now back on after two days.
regards
kevin

Hi, adrian yeah it revs up between 3 & 4000 rpm
regards
kevin

Hi I've owned a Brava 1.4sx for the past 5 years and my red sensor light on the dashboard comes on alot. Have had it checked lots but according to many garages and eventually the hand book itself have found out that it does not mean there is a problem so just ignore it. Also my car guzzles petrol, again mentioned in the hand book. They're just not very economical :(

Hi I've owned a Brava 1.4sx for the past 5 years and my red sensor light on the dashboard comes on alot. Have had it checked lots but according to many garages and eventually the hand book itself have found out that it does not mean there is a problem so just ignore it. Also my car guzzles petrol, again mentioned in the hand book. They're just not very economical :(
So you are saying the handbook tells you to ignore the ECU error light. That is not good advice.

Drinking a lot of petrol is a sure sign something is wrong, when I first got mine is was very good on fuel. Now since this problem its useless. A 20V is better on fuel than this at present.
Thanks
kevin

Back