red dead redemption

Currently reading:
red dead redemption

pk090

Established member
seen a few trailers for red dead redemption and i personally think it will be a good game, made by rockstar games (makers of the grand theft auto series) its looks top, abd set in the cowboy days in america.

personally im going to buy it what does everybody else think?

I went out to buy it today and couldn't find it in stock anywhere! Is is that popular?

Looking at the reviews, it seems it is amazing so that could be why its sold out everywhere. Im guna wait till after my exams finished before i get it, i aint that stupid!!

My missus bought me it down the local tesco's they had loads in....

Im playing single player I've been in Mexico for a few missions. Can't believe how expansive the terrain is etc. I love the tresure hunts too im on the 5th one now :).

Ive also been to mexico and all I got was a dose of swine flu :rolleyes: Jokes aside is this basically just a wild west gta?

Ive also been to mexico and all I got was a dose of swine flu :rolleyes: Jokes aside is this basically just a wild west gta?

Yes and no, there is more variety in the missions on Red Dead, you might be taking down a bunch of thieves with your trusty gun, you might be hunting grizzly bears, or you might be catching and breaking horses it does have a lot to recommend it. If i'm honest I prefer GTA, I miss the cars that made commuting between missions fun rather than an exercise in either quick travelling or bashing A repeatedly, I miss the pop culture references and prefer the more modern setting. If you've ever seen a wild west movie and thought that was cool it has something for you, but I was a bit dissapointed in the length of the game 18 hours for main quest without hurrying is a bit short considering you got an achievement for doing GTA in less than 30 hours and I originally didn't get it (although still looks epic compared to lots of other modern games i'll admit). Its a very beautiful game to look at and fun to play but not quite as amazing as I was expecting having read the reviews.

Yes and no, there is more variety in the missions on Red Dead, you might be taking down a bunch of thieves with your trusty gun, you might be hunting grizzly bears, or you might be catching and breaking horses it does have a lot to recommend it. If i'm honest I prefer GTA, I miss the cars that made commuting between missions fun rather than an exercise in either quick travelling or bashing A repeatedly, I miss the pop culture references and prefer the more modern setting. If you've ever seen a wild west movie and thought that was cool it has something for you, but I was a bit dissapointed in the length of the game 18 hours for main quest without hurrying is a bit short considering you got an achievement for doing GTA in less than 30 hours and I originally didn't get it (although still looks epic compared to lots of other modern games i'll admit). Its a very beautiful game to look at and fun to play but not quite as amazing as I was expecting having read the reviews.

Sounds schweet! (y) Get it when I get paid :D

Back